• Tweets

• Items for sale include five rare Ferraris and a pair of Air Jordan sneakers signed by Michael Jordan.View the full article
    • TECHZONE BUXTON LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK TECHZONE BUXTON LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual... thread title updated. dx
    • next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

I am afraid that "the not in the public interst to pusrue", is a fact that we are going to have to live with in regards to section 77 requests i have just recieved a lettere from the undersecretary on state regardsing this after a long drawn out debate which i argued strenuously to the contrarry.

He also says within the letter that creditors are allowed to to pusrsue a debt whilst the default continues but they are not allowd to threaten action which they cannot take (through the courts) i am seeking clarification that this means they cannot enter defaults or use the permission granted under the agreement to share data with credit agencies,which would seem to be the logical conclusion.

With regards to your letter to the TS have you considered using my letter of a few posts back

Consumer Credit Act Agreements

it states the regulations that point to the requirements that the creditor must meet in ordr to comply with the request and especialluy in sending sepperate terms and conditions.

Best regards

peter

Hi Peter

Cant believe whats going on with T/S they are not doing the job they are paid to do.

HAK

Hi

Just to clarify in pre 2005 agreements the prescribed terms do not have to be on the same page as the signature they do have to be within the same document but the signature box can be anywhere within the agreement.

The terms and conditions that are specified within schedule one of the regulations and contain the prescribed terms shoud be contained within the agreement and not on a seperrat document labled terms and conditions.

The agreement together with the terms itemised within the agreement regulations should be the ones that were current when the agreement was signed . Section 7 of the 1983/1557 copy of document regulations state that if their has been any varyation of the agreement these should be enclosed together with the agreement in the form of itemised information or a copy of the varied t and c;s but this is in addition to the ones contained within the agreement not in place of.

Best regards

Peter

just thinking about this one.

When you say with in the same document can it be in the T&C if they are on a separate piece of paper but allegedly sent out at the same time.

HAK

Hi Paul

Its got me thinking about another CCA request i did to HSBC.

No prescribed terms but on the last page in the T&C there is the prescribed terms.

As you can see it is a seperate peice of paper and after the signature.

What do you think?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/110445-hsbc-cca-responce-help.html

I have to ask another lender this. I will be reminding them that they will have to provide the original in court, so any statement they make will be corroborated and if it's wrong, they would be prosocuted under the Fraud Act.

good on you Uni!!!

Noomillo

Are you right in saying they have sent you an application form with No prescribed terms, and a T&C leaflet with the precscribed terms in it

HAK

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Got a question that is hindering a couple of my CCA requests,

They have not sent me the original T&C. I know it is breach of section 78(1) but what would happen if it went to court.

Also if you have a CC with a lender and they change to another company ie Accucard-LTSB would the original agreement be OK or would the new lender have to supply a new agreement.

Cheers HAK

Cheers HAK

I have an update on a complaint I made to Trading Standards about an agreement I received with a copy of the current terms and conditions only. I have been told that Reg 7 of the 1983 Regulations demands that every copy shall include the terms as varied.

The letter goes on to say that the contentious point is whether these varied terms must be in addition to the original copy terms. The creditor's view is that the varied terms only have to be supplied and that it has been confirmed to them by external legal advice.

My Trading Standards office are not happy and have asked the OFT to give a view. I have asked for a copy of that view when they get it.

Just read the above post.

This is unbelievable and relates to my requests.

Surely they cant just supply any terms they decide to print

HAK

section 78 says an agreement and any other document related so in my opinion all the T&C should be produced.

The Copy regs 1983 are the worse thing ever and I thing they have not been wrote properly

Hi all

Has anybody got any info regarding the T&C supplied on a Section 78(1) request.

I am sick of them replying saying under the copy docs regs 1983 section 7 they only have to supply the most varied T&C.

Has Anybody got the proof so I can write to them, or are they correct telling me this.

HAK

Hi

This is the bitfrom the regulations notice it says shal include in other words the information should be presented as well as the orriginal

7.--(1) Where an agreement has been varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act, every copy of the executed agreement given to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act other than section 85(1) shall include either-

(a) an easily legible copy of the latest notice of variation given in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act relating to each discrete term of the agreement which has been varied; or

(b) an easily legible statement of the terms of the agreement as varied in accordance with section 82( 1) of the Act.

Also in order to vary an agreeemnt they would have had to show that they have your consent on the orriginal without this the varied agreement is void.

Best regards

Peter

Thanks for that Peter.

Whats your view on a section 78 request where they do not supply T&C but then take you to Court with the agreement. Can a judge still give judgment or would the matter of been in default be good enough to get it thrown out.

HAK

hI

No the court would enforce the agreement if it was properly executed as the default would be remedied on production.

However

The creditor could request a copy under the pre hearing rules, if the creditor refused to supply and then turned up in court with them the judge would be very unhappy about them wasting the courts time when the matter could have bee sorted out without it's intervention.

Best regards

Peter

Peter

If they did not have the original T&C then could the judge give judgement.

HAK

Only if the agreement conforms with section 61(a) and has the relevant prescribed terms etc.

Hi

Still not sure about this. If the creditor has an agreement with all the prescribed terms on it but no original T&C and he goes to court the account is still in default under section 78(1).

Can the Judge award judgment with just the agreement alone

HAK

Hi Peter

Thanks for that.

Its so anoying with these banks they are just ignoring all the rules.

It will be intresting with my RBS account as they have a scanned doc and no original T&C (up to now). I might bite the bullet and invite them to take me to court but then again would they show!!!

HAK

Just an observation but shouldnt the request include a request for a statement of account and terms and conditions?

Hi

Maybe the Original terms and conditions

• Haha 1

I think a key point in the cases raised by Mr Bardsley is that if a lender is unable to satisfy their obligations in respect of a request made under sections 77 or 78 then, as mentioned above, the debt cannot be enforced through the courts until the default is remedied.

Very intresting point above. This answers my question to the missing T&C from RBS. As they have not supplied them on a S78 request the account is still in default and they can not take me to court with the agreeement alone.

Also Peter I have reported T/S to my MP. I am awaiting the responce so may be intresting in what the MP says.

HAK

I will be telling Mr Hunt how the FOS are about as much good as a Chocolate Fireguard!!!!!:mad:

Useless is to good a word

HAK

HELP

T/S are doing my head in .

The quote is the letter I sent and the photo is the responce

Could do with some advice please!!!

Peter B what do you think about T&C answer!!!

HAK

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing regarding your letter dated xx November 2007. I have spoken to Ms xxxxxxx on Friday evening regarding this issue and was put through to the enforcement officer. This gentleman has sent you an email to contact me by phone. I do not feel this will be necessary as my views will be in the information below.

Firstly in my letter dated xx October I asked ‘why it is not in the public interest’ to deal with my case, this point has not been answered by yourselves and I am still awaiting an answer.

Back to you letter dated xx November. You mention the civil aspect to the CCA breach. I can fully understand that it would be up to a Judge on the day to determine if the scanned copy of the agreement would be enforceable. I also understand that ever copy produced has to be a true copy NOT a digitally scanned computer stored image that could be altered, therefore in my opinion they are in breach of section 78(1) reportable to Trading Standards.

Also you fail to mention about the original terms and conditions not supplied under a section 78(1) request. I have stated this in the last two letters and it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. These original T&C have to be supplied with the section 78(1) request. As the T&C where not supplied the account remains in default and the RBS have committed a criminal offence enforced by Trading Standards.

I originally wrote to you on the xx September 2007 and in over two months no progress has been made. I feel your attitude towards this complaint as been poor and I also feel that you are reluctant to approach the RBS.

I state again that Trading Standards are instructed to enforce the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and in my opinion you have had plenty of time and opportunities to do so. Therefore please treat this letter as a formal complaint and forward on to me your complaints procedure. I will also be forwarding this additional information on to MP to add to my complaint.

img054.jpg

I know Uni

What do you think about the comment

I have spoken to Graeme Hill who is the Home Authority contact for RBS

Whos he and why they taliking to him

Hi

Below is the agreement sent to my other half after a CCA request.

I have wrote to them twice regarding its unreadable. Just had a reply back and they have enlarged the T&C not the agrement.

Looks like they only have a poor photocopy. What would the judge do if this was taken to Court.

HAK

img056.jpg

Hi ncf355

YOu are right about the office signature.

THe copy you see is as clear as I can see and cannot make anything out.

Surely a judge could not exept this.

HAK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks