refusal letter

novorapid
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ,new here but need advice. i am currently in the process of reclaiming bank charges from Nationwide after getting advice from elsewhere. i have this morning recieved a reply from them saying "Nationwide believes it is open and transparent about charges etc, etc.We hope that you will feel that you can abide by the Ts and Cs of the account but if you cannot,then regrettably it may be appropriate for you to consider alternative banking arrangements.

I hope this has helped to clarify our position and you will appreciate why I am unable to refund any charges on your account."

Any advice on what I need to be doing now

In my last letter to them asking for the charges to be repaid I included the 8% interest charge (wrong advice after reading the posts on here)

what should i do now?

As I am a newbie here any links to help with the next step would be greatly appreciated.

ITS THE VOICES IN MY HEAD THAT KEEP ME SANE:confused:

im sat here preparing my LBA and have noticed from my statements that on 15 August N/W refunded £120 interest charges to my account (this was probably due to a letter to them asking them to cancel the charges on 3 cancelled DDs that still went out).But looking at it ,3 DD charges = £90 and an unauthorised OD fee of £20 come to £110. Should I just deduct the £120 from the amount Im claiming

ok LBA ready to be posted, but im laid up with a chronic chest infection (6 wks on life support 2yrs ago). once this has gone off what should I be doing? Ive checked out the next stage and will be exemt from court charges, but should I be filling out the exemption forms now or wait till 14 days from posting LBA?

Is it worth buying the small claims kit. my printers just used its last ink and for obvious reasons cannot get out to get more.

I REALLY DONT NEED THIS AT THE MOMENT.

D

Hi, sorry hear that your ill, hope you get better soon. As your exempt from the court fees, the form you need to claim on is the N1. A copy of this can be found in the template library. I would start preparing the form now as in 2 weeks obvisously you will need to take the form into your local court then you fill out the exemption forms. make sure that you take proof of your benefits and any evidence that you take must be recent, like not older than 5 weeks.

If you need any help with the N1 form, they please ask and i am sure that if i am unable to reply someone else will.

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

Hi Novorapid, I too have had the rejection letter which claims there charges are open and transparent, if this is true why wont Nationwide give you a breakdown of how they incurred those costs.

P.S. Novorapid, are you perchance diabetic.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool:

ive asked N/W several times how they can charge these amounts just to be told that its to cover extra admin cost like sending out letters about charges being taken.the only confirmation I get is at the end of my normal monthly statement..I had a big arguement with someone at H/O in July because they had cancelled my O/D unknown to me until i wanted to draw out my benefit.They backed down,re-instated and raised the O/D to also cover £90 charges being taken.they had taken all my benefit towards paying the O/D. Im paying it back at £20 month , and expecting another £90 charges on 28th.Charges for D/Ds that had been cancelled in June.

My LBA is gonna wait to see if these are taken,it may need amending.

and yes I am diabetic (since 73).. ID GIVEAWAY ?

Wow I never get a letter, they just add a bit onto my monthly statement telling me they are going to take the money. You should ask them to explain why they charge you £30 for sending you a letter telling you they are charging you the £30 for sending the letter.:confused: Besides for £30 what is the paper made of gold.

Yes the ID did give it away, my wife is also diabetic.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool:

ive got £90 charges going out tomorrow which will leave me over my O/D limit.The bank have just confirmed they are going out and although the account is in dispute they cannot stop these charges.So there is more money to claim back now.good job my LBA hasnt gone off yet ,it needs amending.

Will I still be able to include the extra unauthorised O/D charge even though it wont be taken for another month or should I leave it and claim it at court stage.

just checked acc online, they have reduced my OD by £20 and then taken the £90, obviously to charge me for exceeding my O/D limit. ive switched all transactions in and out of the account to my parachute so wont be using N/W anymore. Ive amended the LBA and once the dogs have their muzzles on I will take it in to them!!! (oops I mean go and post it)

heres waiting.

sent LBA on monday, checked account today. N/W have cancelled my overdraft.without notice! nothing is being paid in or out,,,only their charges. should i just leave it till I get reply from LBA, The amount Im claiming will maybe just cover the deficit.

They know the account is in dispute , so is it right for them to do this?

• 2 weeks later...

N/W withdrew my o/d and are now offering to re-install it. Ive had 2 calls from them asking me to bring my account back to within my original o/d limit and they will restart the reducing o/d facility.I told them I couldnt afford to do it till next Friday and that my claim was ready to be filed (wednesday 18th) They deny all knowledge of any previous letters about this.Anyway they have now decided to call me on November 6th about a payment by me into the account and the person I spoke to said that "hopefully you will have had a refund by then".

If I have, the account will be closed by then (b4 they have the satisfaction of doing it). My claim was filed yesterday so heres waiting. :o

I just checked account and N/W have credited my account with two amounts over the last two days . They acknowleged the claim yesterday and ive been refunded the total amount today.It leaves me needing to deposit £9.74 to get the balance back to zero.I am now gonna write to them to see about claiming the extra that they will be taking shortly,so hopefully wont need to put in another claim for it.:)

Congratulations!

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)