Provident loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i do have Provident loans at the moment which i was paying at a reduced rate of £20 instead of £35 per week as my husband was put a 4 day week, but recently my husband and i have seperated and i am now a single parent and my agent is now harassing me. I can no longer afford these repayments i have phoned the head office and they were not to helpful but as my seperation was only recent my benefits are still being processed i am still unsure of what payment i can offer. Would i be better just to default on payments and allow a DCA to take over the account and hope i can offer them a minimal amount.The worry of all this is making me ill

My husband and I also have a Provident loan, and a few months ago he lost his job. We told our agent as one week we had nothing for her. She said as long as we could pay £1 a week, there was nothing thery could do about it. We would get arrears letters but not to worry about them. Not sure how accurate her advice was, but we didn't have any problems and even though my husband is now working again we're still not making full payment yet and again not had any problems.

As long as your paying something (ie, £1 to show willing) then there is little chance of anything major happening. It might get passed on to some other outfit but as long as the £1 keeps coming then I do not think anything will happen.

On another note, it's likely your agent earns a commission from your payments so he/she will make a fuss about it because they are going to lose money. Thats not your problem and don't let that bother you.

You can also arrange to sidestep the agent altogether and pay them direct.