• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI reclaim - monument card

Raz786786
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to blogs all together but have registered purely of the fact that I was searching for ppi claim to monument but didn't know where too start and found this sure to my suprise.

Now I hope I can be helped I will be very appreciated I had a monument card and unfortunately I fell into debt.resulting to a default which still stands.now I think this goes back 2007 when I last had the account and the debt was brought be other creditors which I'm currently paying through a debt company.now what chances do I have to retrieve my agreements and how do I request this as I am pretty sure I was being charged when I didn't ask for this because had I used it then I would have not been put in this mess in the first place Please help!

Hi, I am new to blogs all together but have registered purely of the fact that I was searching for PPI claim to monument but didn't know where too start and found this sure to my suprise.

Now I hope I can be helped I will be very appreciated I had a monument card and unfortunately I fell into debt.resulting to a default which still stands.now I think this goes back 2007 when I last had the account and the debt was brought be other creditors which I'm currently paying through a debt company.now what chances do I have to retrieve my agreements and how do I request this as I am pretty sure I was being charged when I didn't ask for this because had I used it then I would have not been put in this mess in the first place Please help!

Hi Raz,

I had also fallen behind with my payments to Monument and was on a payment plan with them but i still claimed. All i did was filled in the form from this site and then they offered me back only 3 years and i wanted 6 years so i dealt with this lady and i got all 6 years back - so give it a go and good luck

Carole O'Neill

Customer Relations

Monument

51 Saffron Road

Leicester

LE18 4US

Tugela,

Thank you for you're kind reply.will I not need any information about my account our the original agreement that I had, because the problem I face is I don't no longer have this information.

If I don't need this information where do I find this form, sorry I'm not used to all this.

Tugela,

Thank you for you're kind reply.will I not need any information about my account our the original agreement that I had, because the problem I face is I don't no longer have this information.

If I don't need this information where do I find this form, sorry I'm not used to all this.

You will need your account number - i had a template questionaire i got from another site which i just filled in and sent off - am sure there must be something on here - perhaps someone smarter than me can help you

good luck

new thread created

post here now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i'm also concerned that you are PAYING a DMP company several years down the line

they are probablyt taking a large cut here

you need to ditch them.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Am I on the right thread now?

What's dmp? Sorry to be so dense...

Basically I had a monument card a few years back to which I no longer have any details to whatsoever not even an account number.I couldn't keep up with payments then they put a default on my credit file.the credit then was sold on to a debt company.I then found a debt management company who froze interest and take a monthly fee to pay the debt off on a monthly basis.that's the story so you know where I am with this, now I guess my question is how do I obtain my agreement as I understand I may have had ppi but was not aware as I would have used it at the time in order for me to check this I would have to request this failure if so how?

Debt management plan ....got it I am paying over a years period of £ 360.that is a big saving to be made but when you are vulnerable at the time you do what's necessary iv paid them for two years now.I was going too ditch them for a free one but you hear the stories where the dpm don't pass on the money and you end up in a worst position then you started.

ok you really need to do some reading around.

the debt management company you pay [operating a Debt Management Plan - DMP]

would NOT have frozen the interest - they would have simply asked the Original Creditor [OC] to do it.

you could have done that & you can manage your OWN DMP then ALL you pay goes off the debt.

we can help - dump the DMC - and start your own DMP.

as for the debt,

you probably need to SAR the OC

this will give you ALL the paperwork they hold on you inc the statements

from that you should be able to reclaim ALL the unlawful late/over fees AND reclaim poss mis-sold PPI

i bet that will CLEAR the debt and put some money back in YOUR pocket.

have you checked your Credit Reference Agency file?

if not do so and comeback with the result - DOES THIS DEBT SHOW ON IT?

we also need to to give us the history of this debt please

dx

and they

your posts are to everyone

this is an open forum

anyone can help

pers i would type

monument

into our advanced search top right

and get reading

you need to bring yourself up to speed on many issues i've explained

this is also a self help forum

dx

and they

Dx,

You have words of wisdom all this is very helpful and in very interesting I'm so glad that I have bumped into this forum its very well helpful.

I have in the past ordered my credit file and noticed not only monument default but also another 4 creditors whom done the same.I have again ordered me credit file last week and expecting this back this week no doubt I will still see the defaults on there I understand they will stay there for a total of 6 years.

I will find out the oc to all these original creditors and do a sar?

As for the dmp do i contact all creditors and make the arrangements myself then cancel the dmc dealing with this?

Dx,

You have words of wisdom all this is very helpful and in very interesting I'm so glad that I have bumped into this forum its very well helpful.

I have in the past ordered my credit file and noticed not only monument default but also another 4 creditors whom done the same.I have again ordered me credit file last week and expecting this back this week no doubt I will still see the defaults on there I understand they will stay there for a total of 6 years.

I will find out the oc to all these original creditors and do a sar?

As for the dmp do i contact all creditors and make the arrangements myself then cancel the dmc dealing with this?

Thanks dx

The following on the sar template letter:

' Send this request including the £10 fee to the address which your bank has registered with the Data Protection Commissioner as the address of the Data Controller:-Information Commissioners - Data Protection Public Register (new address: Information Commissioners - Data Protection Public Register)'

what does this mean? How do I obtain this information, do I need to call telephone numbers to ask for this information?

Dx,

I have my 4 oc's, I'm going to prepare the sar's.just wanted to know on receiving them what am I looking for?

Also do I need to request the sar's from the banks data controller, this is something I can google to obtain.I was trying to understand this from my previous message to you.

Thanks

Hi Raz

You need to send a SAR letter to each of the four creditors. Easiest way is to send them to the head office address and they will be forwarded to the relevant department. Make sure you send them recorded delivery and enclose the £10 postal order.

If you have 4 seperate creditors then you will need 4 SAR letters, one for each. Each one will cost £10. To avoid confusion can you let us know who the four creditors are (apart from Monument as we already know that one).

You won't need account numbers (would be helpful if yo do have any of them) but make sure you give them the address you were living at when these accounts were operating.

When you get your SAR response, you will be looking for statements/transaction history as this is where the most relevant information will be found. You may also get copies of the original agreements since some banks send those as well.

Don't expect a quick response though, the banks have 40 days to comply with a SAR request.

With regard to the debt management company, simply write to them telling them that you no longer wish to use their service. Also stop paying them any more money.

Write to each of your creditors and tell them that you are now handling matters yourself.

Regards

ims

Ims,

Thanks for replying.the other creditors are a loan with argos, credit card with capital & aqua.that's the four.

When you say transaction history I'm looking for charges? Then totaling them, then multiplying the statutory 8% over the period from back then until now?

Also these creditors passed accounts onto debt collectors.they all defaulted me on my credit file.some are due too expire.do they come back on for another 6 years or do they disappear? What do the lenders see on there?

Sorry haven't given you a chance to respond to my earlier message im so eager to learn my rights.

Thanks

charges at their int rate not 8%, thats PPI.

dca dont default creditors, they only inherit markers from the oc when the debt is sold.

a marker will fall off on its 6th birthday unless the a/c itself reaches 6yrs no activity first.

so who has your debts [name against each one]

dx

and they

Ims,

Thanks for replying.the other creditors are a loan with argos, credit card with capital & aqua.that's the four.

When you say transaction history I'm looking for charges? Then totaling them, then multiplying the statutory 8% over the period from back then until now?

Hi Raz

When you get your SAR documents back, the information should contain copy statements and/or the transaction history of the account.

You will need to go through these and identify any unlawful charges which you can claim back such as "late payment fees" and "over limit fees" for example.

You will also need to identify the ppi premiums you paid in order to reclaim those.

The charges claim and ppi claim will be two different exercises.

While you wait for your SAR information to come back, do as dx suggested and do a lot (and I mean a lot) of reading around the ppi forum and the bank forums so that you become totally familiar with the process of reclaiming.

Don't worry about the figure work too much at moment since you can do nothing on that front until you get the SAR information back. There are spreadsheets that we can let you have to calculate your claims when the time comes.

Also, as dx requests, please let us know which DCA is dealing with each account.

Regards

ims

• 1 month later...