Barclays Student Debt

Peterbard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When my son finished university he had an overdraft with Barclays Bank.

They subsequently closed his account and transfered the debt to a dca Debt Managers Ltd. There was never a default issued on this a ccount.

For the past three years we have been paying them £40 per month to clear the debt on his behalf. We have never recieved a statement and he assured me he has never signed any contract.

They recently rang me and said that if i increased the payments they would be able to reduce the amount of interest they we adding to the account.I said that i was not aware that the account was accruing any interest.

I wondered if any one could advise me of my next course of action.

I thought i would send them a request for details of any agreement under the 1974 act as well as a breakdown of charges and reciepts since the account with Barclays was closed also asking them to show details of any contract that would enable them to charge interest.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I have just got off the phone with Debt Managers Ltd and they said it is not their policy to send out statements but she would give me the ballance over the phone.I said i wanted to see what the closing balance when the account was terminated.

I presumed that the closure of my sons account had terminated his contract with the bank. I waned to see a copy of the new aggrement that itemised the interest now being charged by them and the agreed payment schedule.

They said it was not their policy to supply one.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I have sent off the cca request and informed them that since i am unable to verify that my payments are being creditid to my sons account or even that the debt exists i am suspending any further payments until i recieve it.I mentioned that i might also consider reclaining payments already mede if the could not supply the documentation.

sounds like you are on track, although I would send them a token payment so as not to get a default whilst this is ongoing

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.