Help RE default when promised wouldnt be

Tiny1983
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, Im hoping you good people can help me.

Long story short I went OD with my A&L account and was charged an extortianate amount, I bit the bullet and figured it was my fault for going OD and I'll just have to deal with it. I was out of work at the time due to redundancies in my old place and called A&L to arrange a payment plan until I was back in work. This was fine but I wanted confirmation that I wouldnt be defaulted, the fella told me that I definitely would be defaulted unless the whole thing was cleared by the end of that particular month.

I arranged a settlement figure with him for both accounts, and pleaded with my pensioner parents to help me out - which they agreed to. I confirmed with this fella 5/6 times that this would be marked on my credit file as settled and no default would be registered against me. I paid the two sums over the phone and cleared, happy days.

Ive checked my credit file today and theres two entries, one says 6 payments late, and the other is in default. I'm absolutely gutted regarding this. I've been told by a friend that works within debt that I should do a SARS request in which they'll have to send me EVERYTHING including copies of the calls that I made to this fella. Is this correct? Where do I stand on this? Any advice/help?

Hi,

That is correct although if you can remember the date(s) of phone calls that will make it much easier for them to locate the recording

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE