EGG ignoring ICO ruling.

yozdagger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an ongoing dispute with EGG.

Basically I defaulted on an account and they added a default on my file (fair enough). However, they then sold the account to Lowell (with permission to add data) who then added their own default for the same account.

EGG didnt remove theirs and when I complained they merely marked it as satisfied and refused to remove it (even though they admitted that they knew Lowell would also add one) stating it was a "policy" even after an account is sold to a DCA.

I then compained to the CRA (Callcredit) - what a waste of time. After ignoring my first 2 letters they then only responded after 3 months when I told them I would go to the ICO if they didnt reply - and then they just trotted out the "EGG says its correct so we wont change it" line.

Finally I went to the ICO who (after 6 months - yes SIX!!!) finally responded telling me I was correct and "suggested" to EGG that they remove the duplicate (so much for enforcement).

EGG have simply ignored this and the duplicate default still remains on my credit file.

I am wondering what can I do? I foolishly thought the ICO were the watchdog and would force EGG into doing the right thing, clearly they are toothless.

Can I sue EGG or the CRA in the county court ? If so what can I claim - I want to hit them where it hurts (£££) for their arrogance and I was thinking the "financial libel" angle - is there such a thing?

Thanks.

Unless you can prove that the presence of an additional default has caused you a financial loss of some sort, then it will be exceptionally difficult to gain any financial compensation for EGG's refusal to remove the entry. Proving that a credit application has been refused entirely as a result of the presence of the EGG default, when you also have the Lowell default on the account, will be theoretically impossible.

You can, of course, take them to the County Court to gain an order for them to remove all evidence of the default and (should you win) you would be entitled to cover the reasonable costs associated with bringing the action.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Egg ignore everything. They have ignored a FOS deadline on one of my disputes. However, Egg should have learned by now that I will never go away.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.