Small Claims Court Argos - Local Shop or Head Office?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been having problems with a laptop bought in Argos in September. Its faulty, basically, going as far as causing discomfort/pain in the hands. They refused a refund. I've sent a letter to Head office quoting Sale of Goods act, no response. I then sent a Letter before Action to Head Office, got a letter advising me to contact customer support.

Now I'm prepared on Monday (When the 14 days I allowed have finished) to take it to Court.

My question is - do I take Head Office of the local store to court?

Hi

With any court documents, it's usuaully advisable to send them to their head office.

Before you go that route, could you give us a few more details of the problem

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I purchased the system and didn't really use it untill a few weeks in. It had serious issues loading but more importantly was giving me severe discomfort around the hands and wrists. I felt a static sensation coming from it. I took it back several days outside the 30 days, they refused a refund. I eventually let them take it away to get fixed. It returned several weeks later, only this time with a flickering screen which severely gets on my nerves. I found this entire experience/purchase unacceptable and I want nothing less than a refund.

By the way, I have kept the receipt. I have noted dates and kept copies of the letters I have sent. I got the letters recorded and have their tracking numbers.