More misery...

ellie1997
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Those of you who have read my PCT thread know my Aunt has terminal lung cancer, what I didnt mention in the thread is that my father recovered from the disease 5 years ago.

The disease has afected all but 1 of 5 brothers and sisters, we agree there must be a heriditary link.

For the last few months my Dad has been feeling ill, he has visited the Dr several times and been given various antibiotics. Last friday the Dr relented and sent him for a chest X Ray, results would be back with his GP in 10-14 days.

Yesterday my mum answered a phone call from the hospital, they wanted to see Dad on Tuesday. I knew immediately that the cancer had returned, but I tried to protect Mum a bit and told her it was probably just routine.

This morning my Mum has visited the GP as she has been feeling ill. He has told her Dad's cancer is back, resulting in my Mother having to tell my Father he has cancer. I am furious. How can a GP tell a patients wife, who visited him alone and about her own illness that her husband has cancer?

My poor mother is heartbroken, she says its the hardest thing she has ever had to tell Dad in her life. I asked her if she had directly asked him about it and she said she hadnt. He had just come out with it, "Hi, how are you? has the hospital called the cancer is back".

Jane

Hi Jane I am really sorry to hear your news, however the GP acted out of turn under the confidentiality and data protection act. He had no right to discuss your fathers health with anyone else, not even his wife without explicit permission from your father. Not sure how this will help you, but if you wanted to complain, you could under the data protection act, etc.

I wish your family well

Maria

Captital One :) :Settled in full at LBA £676.00

Barclays 1 :rolleyes:

05/01/06.

Court date set 13th April

Barclays 2 :rolleyes:

Barclay Card::p

Monument: :p