• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Finance any storys

breadline
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have not got my own experience of an account! from welcome Finance, but i am not new to thier tactics.

The company well known for there encouragement to lend money to persons of a low income.

Have you applied and been granted a lone of £500 and walked out the door with £500 and an account already owing £1000 or more due to selling of the insurances.

Have you been sold a car that broke down with months and no one came to look at the vehicle, but payments where still insisted on?

I am extremely interested in this company.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, yes I am currently involved in a dispute with Welcome Financial Services, on behalf of my sister, who took out an initial loan with them in Dec 04.

The amount was £1000, and I also believe she was mis-sold insurance premiums, which she was advised she MUST take out at the time.

The £1000 loan became over £1500 within a week.

Now her loan currently stands at over £3000, with them advising her to 'consolidate' it over the term.

Fees and interest rates are shocking.

I have just discovered this forum, and hope I am correct in thinking that a lot of the information and letter templates that relate to dealing with unfair and illegal bank charges, will apply to Welcome Financial Services also.

Anyone else in a similar position, or a real understanding of how to take on these loan sharks, please do contribute here, as there is strength in numbers.......

bj

HI bjaudio

Thier insurance used to work on a points and unit system.

a single person would buy 1 unit

a couple 2 units

and family with children 3 or 4 units.

It is not unkown for a single person to be sold 4! units.

They have guidelines as to who these units are designed for and should be following them.

If you can find out if your sister was sold in points or units, and if so how many then this is bound to help your case alot.

Another problem is once (in there eyes )you go into default they choose never to talk to you about anything in the slightest to sort out any grieviance.

Try to do most contact on paper and show that you have kept up correspondence and have provided oppurtunities for your case to be resolved.

I would advise against consilidation as You will be doing it again next year.

Have Welcome defaulted you yet?

Are you with the LCU yet? (late collections Unit. )

As here you will have much more bargaining power.

They have the ability to take reduced settlement amounts and monthly payments.

Breadline

Regardingt the letter templates and law, im sure one of the senior memebers will be along and cover that for you.

"stick with it as you say strength in numbers."

I'm not on a low income, but had a credit history shot to bits. I took out a £500 loan with Welcome Finance about 3 years ago, and made sure their installments were paid religiously every week.

Towards the end of the 1 year I wrote to them as I wanted to cancel the DD and I didn't want them on my case. I also wanted to finalise with them the final amount outstanding as I had calculated that they owed me just over £50. The manager who I spoke to could not understand some of the charges that had been applied and said he would look into it and call me back within a couple of day. He didn't so I called him. He got somewhat flustered over the phone and eventually said the whole thing did not make sense and that he would get the whole debt written off. I have heard nothing from them since.

sounds about right...

It seems odd as they owed you ! £50.

And if some of the debit didn't add up and add on's didn't seem correct.

I would get on thier case and demand the agreement and statements.

there could be more cash there feeling home sick

BL

mmm.. I've just dug out all the letters and documents relating to Welcome Finance and I have decided to claim back the £70.67p they owe me. They had addedd a £20 fee to the account even though I had written to them and told them I had cancelled the direct debit and that they owed me £50.67p.

Anyone had any experience dealing with these cowboys? You think they will respond favourably to litigation?

Ok, I have drafted the following letter to Welcome Finance. Is it ok?

===================================

I am writing with regards to my last letter to you dated 14th July 2004, a copy of which is attached.

I have not heard anything from you or your organization regarding this account, and I want to closure on this issue.

According to my calculations I have repaid the loan in full, and I have in fact overpaid you by £50.67. I wrote to your organization on the 24th May 2004 to advise you that I would be cancelling the direct debit for this reason. I also asked for you to let me know if you did not agree with my calculations (copy of letter attached). In addition you have added an unlawful £20.00 fee to the account for non – payment of a Direct Debit.

As I have not heard anything from you regarding this matter, you have left me no alternative but to pursue this matter through the courts. I have all my statements that shows every single payment that has been made to your organization.

I calculate that you owe me £50.67 plus £20.00 which you have charged me in fees. The total is £70.67.

I trust that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am giving you 14 days to reply to me accepting unconditionally my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond or you do not respond positively within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim through the small claims court at the expiry of the second deadline.

Kind regards,

===================================

To add to my post above, the following charges were applied to the "loan" of £500.00

* £100 - Healthcare (which I never asked for!)

* £97.93 - Optional Payent Protection Insurance (which I never asked for!)

* £75.00 - Acceptance Fee

Can I ask for any of that back?

Hi Diddie.

That all seems the basics that Welcome apply to thier loans and you have the basic payment protection which they say you have to take.

The health cover Is an extra, offered at the point of sale and is not an essential and Welcome will drag out your claim for it back as you have completed your loan.

If you still owed them money they may have been more plyable.

The £75 acceptance fee they say covers the admin its always added as part of the Loan.

You may want to wait or PM a mod to take alook at your letter as i am not qualified with the writting legality.

But if it where me i would not tell them i had the statements and i would send a DPA and £10.

Welcome are not great with correspondence or anything that requires extra work...

Chances are you may not get a reply from them as they do prefer to ignore in the hope it will go away.

possiblity you may get the chance to report them for Ignoring the DPA letter.

They would definately take notice of you then as someones neck will be on the block.

Could have a bit of added fun whilst passing go and collecting your monies

I think the fine in the end to them is around £350

Theres advice also for this on site.

What do you think??

BL

Hi Breadline!

Thanks for that. I'm not sure I should ask for a DPA as they sent me a list of all the payments that they had received from me. Then again I think I just might - give me something to do, and have a bit of fun that would hopefully incure them a fine!

I'll send off a DPA and also mention about the Health Insurance.

See what happens!

It's only a small sum, but at the end of the day I have overpaid them - and I want it back!!

to right!

With

Welcome Financial Services

Shopacheck Financial Services

Dial 4 a Loan

The Lewis group

and

Welcome Car Finance

under thier belt

Cattles are worth Billions.

If you wish to contact Welcome Finance-go to their Head Office, never the Branches, and certainly not a Customer Account Manager who has absolutely no authority to do anything.

Head Office address is;

Welcome Financial Services Ltd

Head Office

Tel: 0115 9849200

Mere Wy Ruddington Fields Bsns Pk, Ruddington, Nottingham NG11 6NZ

No but used to a few years back-and am a disgruntled ex employee..........:lol: . So if I can help, I will.Always go to their Compliance Department, letters to there used to affect the Branches bonus (dont know if thats the case now)

Ahhhh!!! I see!! Thanks for that!! Revised letter being sent today!

Anything I can do about the (optional) insurance that wasn't actually "optional" :rolleyes: No probs if there isn't.

I wonder if we should be posting these in the dedicated thread :confused:

No doubt Mods will move if required ;)

Ahhhh!!! I see!! Thanks for that!!

Anything I can do about the (optional) insurance that wasn't actually "optional" :rolleyes: No probs if there isn't.

I wonder if we should be posting these in the dedicated thread :confused:

No doubt Mods will move if required ;)

If you believe you were missold the Insurance- there are stages that you can through.Now I am not 100% sure of the process, but I believe you can complain to the company (compliance), and then to the Insurance Ombudsman-there may be stages in between but the Ombudsman site should tell you exact procedure. Since about Jan/Feb 2005, anyone selling Insurnace has got to go through certain processes (as individuals are now liable in law for this)- so its maybe a bit more difficult to pursue your case- dunno. thinks yours was before this, if I read correctly?

• Confused 1

Arwen

I was wondering, as the area managers are complete monsters and spend thier days looking down thier noses of employess and class the customers as lower again.

How about obtaining the Area Managers mobile numbers for customers to call direct LOl

What do you think?

BL

If you can get it- half the staff hardly get their mobile nos, let alone Customers.......:D Sit there like tin pots gods in their Ivory Towers.

i put this on a thread thought it might help LOL

As of 27th April 2006

just incase any of this is usefull.:grin:

Sean Mahon, Chief Executive, Cattles plc 07733 124226

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks