Car towed (£260 release) due to times, but no times are displayed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hoping someone can offer advice - I think my car was towed illegaly and I may have to go through the small claims court to get my money back, plus compensation for the inconvenience.

My car was towed last weekend from a private visitors bay for which we were using tickets. The previous advice I had by telephone was that you dont need anything after 5.30pm (by telephone from the council, who I was referred to by Polar Harca, the landowners), but nevertheless our permit expired @ 7.30pm which we thought was fine.

In the morning I went to put another ticket in the car and it had gone - ticketted at 5:50am and towed at 7.30am. I rang and talked to the firm who said that the tickets actually expired at 8pm so the ticket was invalid.

When I got the car pound, the lady said she thought it 10pm. She checked the contract with Polar Harca (owner of car park) and said it was 10.30pm. Clearly no-one has a clue, so this is unethical. But is it illegal....

No times are shown in the car park, nor on the tickets, nor have I ever had anything from them telling me what the times are. Surely this is illegal... it's surely unethical.

I not only want to get my money back but the inconvenience cost me about £120. Do I have any case here?

Thanks in advance for any support :!:

Thanks for the advice, I thought as much.

There are no times on the reverse of the scratch card, and no advice where to find them. There's no times or advice where you can find them on the signs either.

Do you think I have a case? Cheers in advance for any response.

Contact polar harca and tell them that once they have removed a car from a private car park and entered onto a public highway, they have no more legal right over your vehicle, and if they don't return your car on a day and by the time you state, then you will prosecute them for theft under the "wrongful interference to goods act 1973" Ask them to check out the relevant law if they don't believe you and tell them to google Erskine Fenty.You want reimbursing for the costs you accrued to get back home too.