• Tweets

• It definitely has to be 100% or they have pulled a fast one on you - even before the govt clarified on this I found advise to this end that it has to be pre-furlough pay.
    • I thought so, I managed to get hold of ACAS and have put in a claim.    thank you 
    • I assume your holidays run from March to April or something similar. As far as i know your holidays continue to accrue - covid or not, especially since you kept working they have no leg to stand on.
    • Thank you so much for the replies already!   Just to add to the original post , I no longer live at the address that they've send the letter to (have changed my address with DvLa) not sure if it makes a difference    For a windscreen ticket  1 The date of infringement? 11th February 2017   2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? Yes. I dont have any evidence of it as it was from 3 years ago. I sent photos of the car park and my parking ticket . I still have the paid parking ticket    has there been a response? No.      have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] I can't recall this. But I believe I may have    When I received debt collectors letters , I then sent the offer to pay letters and the PDA   5 Who is the parking company? One parking solution    6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Vantage point , brighton  08-13-2020-11.24.33.pdf offer to pay - pcn.pdf pda.pdf
    • ok, bit more info i should have stated. The claim was started within the 6 years stat limitation. the hearing was after 6 years had expired and so was the strike out. It is now 8 years past default notice, and i have not heard anything since strike out for 1.5 years. surely another claim for the same terminated account is timebarred, even if they change the amount to a lesser amount.   the issue is the oc bank has written to me stating i am due a refund of wrongly taken charges and interest FROM 2011 and have applied the refund to the os balance, which is with the purchaser company who was struck out. The oc say they have informed the purchaser of the revised balance, which means the claim against me by the purchaser was for the wrong balance. surely this does not mean thy could use this balance for a new claim 8 years later? this smells like a trick.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
brokebutdetermined

County Court defence advice sought

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3592 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Being taken to Court for Directors Guarantee - contesting on several legalities - but my main q is this:

The Allocation Questionnaire had a file with court date of 31/08/10, I filed ON this date & sent copy to Claimant. On the 07/09/10 I received Claimant's AQ signed & dated by their Solicitor on 06/09/10. [They are applying to court under CPR 3.4(2) for Defence to be struck out & Summary Judgement under CPR 24.2, which I don't agree with as I feel I have a fairly good case]. Surely their failing to comply with the courts order under CPR 26.3 (6) by filing late means I can now apply for the Claim to be struck out under CPR 3.4 (2)© & seek Summary Judgement AGAINST the claim under CPR 24.2?

Apologies, long-winded (& that's the abridged version) but I'm getting lost here....... Also, if I can apply do I need to pay a fee?

You can if you want to but there will be a cost for applying for this. Also, I would suggest, it is not particularly likely to succeed. But,as I say, there's nothing to stop you doing it

Thanks Nicklea - as money is tight I probably won't risk it then.

Anything anyone is able to assist with on my next step - a Hearing of Application for the Defence to be Struck out on 13 October - would be most gratefully recieved. V easy to feel alone in these situations but I'm taking some comfort from the fact that I certainly am not the 1st by a long shot!

Yours dejectedly

BBD

Are any of the cases referred to in my threads any use to you?

It was a couple of those threads that led me to CAG thru Google...

Certain points are useful but rapidly considering myself being out of my depth...... only consolation, they can't have what I haven't got!!!

I'm going to look through the docs & try build my case from there.

Thanks for your help.

Ok, update time - against advice given :oops: I sent in my Application. The court dismissed it BUT also dismissed the Claimant's Application to Strike Out my Defence.

So, trial is the next stage, but, under stern advice from the Bench, I am looking to get representation pref. on a No Win No Fee basis. If anyone can recommend a solicitor in S Wales who specializes in Business Law or has a good working knowledge of Contract Law then I'd be really grateful!

Thanks in anticipation.....:-)