• Tweets

• you never use or give an email  2nd class stamp with free proof of posting from any po counter dx
    • Much appreciated for the ammendment. The snottier the better right!   What I am assuming is that this response is to be posted to Gladstones? However, I am seeing some users sending this as an email instead, which is a little confusing.  If we're happy with this response, what would you suggest is the best way to send it over to them (post/email), and is there anything additional I could include (if necessary)?  Thanks again! 
    • Hi I've read through other threads to better inform me of the process from here onwards. When I put in the MoneyClaim it gave me a claim number and it currently says to wait for the defendant to respond, they have until 7 August.   It seems their most likely action is to extend that a further 14 days to about 21 August - this hasn't happened yet, of course, as it is only 27 July but I'm anticipating that may be the case. when the expected defence action is taken by EVRi I will need to submit DQ with these responses A1 - no mediation B - my contact details C1 - yes to the small claims track D1 - No.  If No please state why.  I believe the defence will provide some rebuttal to the particulars of claim and so I need to include details as to why the claim requires a hearing.  Is there some certain templated text I can include here or will it vary depending on what the defendant comes back with? I see on the form it mentions the following: Relevant reasons include that there are factual disputes which will need the judge to hear from witnesses directly or the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally.  Hoping to reach out to see what may be the most effective statements for D1 reasoning. E1-5 are pretty straightforward. I want to get ahead of things and be ready to take the next step so I appreciate what advice you may have about the DQ.   Thanks!  
    • Rachel Reeves is set to reveal a public finances shortfall of billions on pounds after a snap audit.View the full article
    • Hi What they have asked in what you have highlighted isn't unusual at all as Councils have numerous different departments that deal with specific different areas within that council. So if what you are asking in your DSAR is say specific to Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Planning Permission etc then just let them know that specific area. On the other hand if you want every bit of DATA they hold on you then simply tell then ALL DATA they hold on you it's them up to then to go through all depts to check for it. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

ESA - Help and advice needed.

peksy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to the site =) I have a few q's I was hoping someone in the know might be able to help me with.

I was told that if you are going to be in the work related limited capability group rather than the support group after an assessment your appointment for the next medical is made then and there. Is this true?

I was also wondering what the average waiting time is for a decision maker to decide on entitlement for ESA is and is there an emergency ESA fund for people in financial distress?

I'll try and answer this as best I can.

I was told that if you are going to be in the work related limited capability group rather than the support group after an assessment your appointment for the next medical is made then and there. Is this true?

Not strictly true although it's probably not impossible for that to happen.

Originally it was envisioned for ESA that after the 'Limited capability for work' test (This decides whether you are entitled to ESA. You need to satisfy the 'limited capability for work' test in order to stay on ESA.) If you passed you would after a 15 minute break then undergo the 'Limited capability for work-related activity' test (This is only relevant if you pass the 'limited capability for work' test and so are entitled to ESA. It determines whether you go into the 'work-related activity group' or the 'support group' )

In practice (due to various reasons) this 'Limited capability for work-related activity' test would not happen straight after but have to be done at a different date so a new appointment would need to be booked. This is why I say you could be asked to book it there and then, but it's not a certainty and it's just as likely that you may have to wait on a decision on whether you've passed the 'Limited capability for work' test before being called back.

I was also wondering what the average waiting time is for a decision maker to decide on entitlement for ESA is and is there an emergency ESA fund for people in financial distress?

You could apply for a crisis loan if you meet the criteria? - I don't know much about then but if you search this board there will be plenty of information on them if somebody else doesn't add to this 1st.

You really need to give a bit more information on where you are in the ESA process before anyone can answer this with any certainty

There's a delay between 1st application and being awarded/paid the assessment rate. Delays in payment can also be caused by sending in Fit notes/medical certifications late whilst in the assessment phase. As well as a delay if you appeal a decision. So a bit more info may get you some better advice.

Hiya, thanks for that =) after reading that claimants were given the second medical test immediately after the first, I assumed that I was either in the support group or had failed.

I am a new ESA claimant but claimed JSA beforehand.

After I applied for ESA I was told I was not eligible because I was in full time education (but I haven't been since 2008 due to health issues) I then asked for a reconsideration as they did not have the correct info but uni took their time getting the relevant info together. I finally got uni to e-mail the info to me today so I could fax it over to the BDC in Birmingham and are now awaiting the outcome 10 weeks after applying. I have had no money for 10 weeks other than what I got for my bday and crisis loan for food but that doesn't cover bills :-(. Aaaaaaaaanywho, in the meantime I had my medical assessment yesterday and do not know what happens next. The nurse didn't tell me whether I had gotten 15 points or scored 0, if she doesn't know the outcome then how soon will I find out from DWP??? this process baffles me no end. Sorry if I sound a bit dense but this is all new to me.

Don't worry about it as it's a very confusing process and very few of us understand it :!:

Sounds complicated did you get any advice or help with the them thinking you were in Education problem?

To be honest I can't suggest anything on that (as I honestly don't know) except to call them to make sure that they've received it and ask them how long it will take? can anybody else advise here?

As for the 'Limited capability for work' result can be anything from 2 weeks plus.

The way ESA works is you are in what's called the Assessment phase from claiming until week 13 (this is paid at the same rate as JSA). If you pass the 'Limited capability for work' test you then can be put into either of the 2 groups and you get a premium on top of around £30 :whoo:

Now if you don't pass this test you have a few options

1, try and claim JSA

2, Appeal - if you appeal as soon as your appeal letter reaches them you should go back onto the assessment rate

Advice for appealing can be found in Honey Bees thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251737-Appealing-or-going-to-a-Tribunal-Some-useful-information

I'll also offer up this page (it has some advice on how to contact help services as well) http://www.mssociety.org.uk/get_involved/policy_campaigns/key_issues/benefits_and_work/esa_appeals.html

If you continue to have problems or are told that you have not passed the 'Limited capability for work' test then try to find some help.

Places to find help can be found listed on your councils website or you can google search for your local CAB and Welfare Rights organisations. There are some national charities/legal services which offer advice lines etc as well and if you have a specific condition some smaller charities have tailored advice for specific benefit so are worth finding.

It helps!