Vehicle Repossession imminent: Santander Consumer Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Alright, the money has definitely cleared...

I called Santander Consumer Finance to make sure the money had reached them etc. and they confirmed the account was now up to date and OPEN again (it was termed Cancelled when I last spoke to them), however I have recieved nothing from them in writing...

Any advice? I dont want to drive the car until I know this is resolved... as a by the by, with them now having accepted the arrears payment AS WELL AS this months payment, I am definitely now over 1/3 paid for the car.

Looks like our posts crossed! :lol:

There's nothing to worry about now, they've no right to your car because you're not in arrears.

When it comes to the third you also need to check that there aren't any insurances on the agreement because that will effect the amount you have paid but this will only be relevant if you fall into arrears again in the future.

Wannabe, you have been an absolute angel - thank you SO much for all your advice it has been absolutely invaluable - if it wasnt for you and this forum, I would have handed over my car *not* knowing any better... I have you to thank for now still being in possession of my car!

So I dont have to wait for something in writing before I drive the car? I have definitely now paid ALL arrears and default charges, as well as this months installment ( I was told on the phone as well that I was completey up to date with payments) - OH I am so excited to be able to go and pick up my 'boy' again! I have missed him so much...!!

Do I need to inform Crystal Collections, the repossession agents, or just leave them be? I would assume Santander will contact them...?

Wannabe, you have been an absolute angel - thank you SO much for all your advice it has been absolutely invaluable - if it wasnt for you and this forum, I would have handed over my car *not* knowing any better... I have you to thank for now still being in possession of my car!

So I dont have to wait for something in writing before I drive the car? I have definitely now paid ALL arrears and default charges, as well as this months installment ( I was told on the phone as well that I was completey up to date with payments) - OH I am so excited to be able to go and pick up my 'boy' again! I have missed him so much...!!

Do I need to inform Crystal Collections, the repossession agents, or just leave them be? I would assume Santander will contact them...?

You are very welcome, always happy to help where I can and it's so nice to have a happy ending. I have a very close relationship with my old car too so I totally get you!!

My opinion is that you've done your bit, you've made the effort and you've sorted out the payments, the rest of it is not your problem. If they don't inform crystal and something happens to your car it will be them that will face the music not crystal so it's in their best interests to get it all cleared up. If you want to contact crystal and check that everything's ok for your own piece of mind it's entirely up to you.

I suppose all that's left for me to say is happy motoring to you and your boy!

x x x

In closing - I recieved the Letter from Santander Consumer Finance on Friday saying they had reactivated the agreement and that the repossession order had been rescinded and all 'charges' had been dropped!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

My Mac is back and if it hadnt been for this forum (and WannaBe in particular) I would not have my car... so thank you! This case has been WON!