tallgraham

Car sale issue

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3632 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Sorry if this is in the wrong section,I sold car on ebay in May,the buyer who is from Italy paid the deposit,and started to arrange collection of the car,after a week I sent him an email and he then transferred the total amount for the car to me,since then I have had many excuses for him not being able to collect the car,I have since lost storage of the vehicle and its sat outside and I need it moved,where do I stand here?,I have all money and the car!

Any ideas/advice would be great

Thanks

Graham

What was the arrangement regarding collection?

Is the car stored on the public highway?

Is the car taxed, MoT'd and insured? or is the car on SORN?

I'd move the monies from whatever bank Paypal is linked to ASAP (if you had) so that if he decides to try for a reverse transaction, you don't end up with no money.

He said he would arrange collection of the vehicle as soon as possible,the car is stored off the road as it is a restoration project

he only paid the deposit via paypal,the rest was by bank transfer.

The last excuse was I cant get anybody to collect because nobody wants to work during the summer in italy!

Well, in that case I think it is reasonable to now tell him that the car must be removed within 28 days (allowing for where he is). If the car is not removed within that timeframe it will be disposed of.