• Tweets

• I know you are trivialising this as, 'Ambulance Chasing Lawyers', because they are perceived to be involved. You mention BMW (other brands as well). Counterfeit car and truck parts have been implicated, and proven to be the cause, of accidents where fatalities have occurred.   There is some considerable difference between a set of counterfeit brake pads and a fake SD Card.   The trademark infringement though, is the same.   H
    • One hope in this growing mess is that local authorities, mainly in the north west so far, like Liverpool, are developing their own systems to test and trace, filling in the gaps of what Serco et al are missing.   But they're doing it with precious little in the way of funding. In the meantime it looks as if Serco [I think it's them] will be given more hundreds of millions on top of the £100 million that hasn't been effective so far in a couple of weeks. Given that the PM has swanned off to Scotland for a couple of weeks this isn't looking good.
    • i've known 10yrs of DD's to be refunded. the company must prove a valid contract for the period. no proof the DD's all get refunded   dx  
    • They've already presented most of para 1 Unc,   but this is what worries me given the intent to not test: "On average, the coronavirus accumulates about two changes per month in its genome. "   https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07/pandemic-virus-slowly-mutating-it-getting-more-dangerous https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7293453/     Whats that going to do with a couple of million kids with undevloped immune systems to work with? Let alone the rest of their families, and whoever they come into contact with       So with no testing until an outbreak is well in progress, and The 'world beating' Johnson waffle ap and surrounding quiz and barbecue trace infrastructure already quite clearly demonstrated it neither trustworthy, or up to the task even if it were 'trusted.   https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/05/englands-contact-tracers-making-handful-of-calls-a-month https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/08/just-10-enforcement-orders-issued-for-breach-of-uk-quarantine-rules  
    • I can’t see a charging order happening without a successful court claim, and would your relative really expect that (given the timescales / the court’s backlog with covid) before any sale.   talk of charging orders In time is unrealistic. even talk of a SD (at least, a successful one!) might well be pie in the sky, too
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3645 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:mad: Hi all im new to the site and would like some help or suggestions on an issue,Im with PH and pay weekly a set amount that they deduct from my bank account,i also have to pay a set amount CASH every week as well,this morning i checked my account and they have taken both payments from my account because the agreement i pay cash for fell behind in arrears!!Are they allowed to take more money than what i allowed them to take??because they seem to think so,even though i told them on the phone that i would be in today to pay the cash agreement!!Ive been in and argued with them about it but all they said was "well if you were coming in to pay today you've paid now so (basically)whats your problem!!!:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

Has the payment been taken out via a direct debit?

If so and you dispute it, contact your bank and have it returned IMMEDIATELY under the direct debit guarantee.

No it was taken off my bank card,they dont do direct debits or thats what they have said to me,on the last agreement i had with them they took my bank card number and they are only supposed to take a certain amount,

Hi

Mis-use of customer's card details. Fraudulent use. Absolutely not allowed. Report to your bank, trading standards and Consumer Direct.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)