Account closures

philippam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, I posted on here a while ago looking to make a claim, but I've since moved and haven't had the internet for aaages and didn't want to proceed without the help, support and advice of everyone on here. So I am now shortly going to start my claim.

However one thing concerns me, I have noticed that everyone who makes a claim and wins has their accounts closed down. I am in the process of setting up a parachute account as my main account, but I also have an ISA with nationwide, and was wondering if this will be closed down too?

The account I had problems with was closed down and I was given a new, cashcard account instead, which has been run immaculately since the day it was opened two years ago. I haven't been overdrawn once, in fact I've been no where near! I realise Nationwide will still want to close down my account but has anyone actually managed to stop them from doing so? And will my ISA be closed down too? I don't really want to bring all these problems up again with my parents, and if I end up having my ISA closed they won't be best pleased :(

Any advice from anyone?

Thanks,

P.

Hi phillipam and welcome back

I don't know the answer to your question about your ISA being closed but I'm pretty sure it is relatively easy to transfer an ISA to another bank. You just have to fill in a form with a new bank and they transfer the money without you losing the tax benefits of the ISA. So if nationwide do shut it down they will give you 28 days notice allowing you plenty of time to find an alternative.

Surely it's got to be worth it to reclaim all those charges?

Best of luck!

• 1 month later...

Be careful moving ISA's because, as I understand it (And I may be wrong!) you can only subscribe (pay into) one ISA in any tax year period. So, if you want o move it, your best doing it in time for April 6th 2007.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

NAtionwide is worth doing through your local court.

My particulars included the following...

c) a declaration from this honourable court that the term of the contract leading to the application of the charges is unenforceable;

d) A declaration that any term allowing the defendant to terminate banking services supplied to the claimant without cause is similarly unenforceable;

And they agreed in the order that they wouldn't close accounts...

That seems to be the trick - make it clear that you want your money back but you don't want to change banks and if they try to close as retaliation, you'll go back to court.

• Confused 1

--

Nationwide started 25/4 Statements 19/5/06 Settled by Tomlin order

Barclaycard started 26/4 Statements 3/6 £350 claimed

Claim 6QZ42513 - Default Judgement 1/8/06 - Settled for £358

New claim started for further charges, Prelim letter 3/10

DPA issues included in claim

Capital One started 26/4 Statements 31/5/06 £550 claimed Claim 6QZ46307 - Settled for £552

Littlewoods account default REMOVED

Camden Council PCN £84.59 claimed Claim 6QZ54253 issue 22/9/2007 Claim dismissed :mad:

Parachute packed and tested :!: and they know who I am now...

Moneyclaim is STILL busy... ;)

<link removed - sorry>

• 2 weeks later...

bikerpaul

nice twist, wish I had that info when I went after NW.

However they have just stated that they are closing the account I am claiming on so my other accounts will be ok. I will then try to open a new flex account in a couple of months. Just for the fun of it nothing more.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

We have finally transferred all our banking arrangements to another bank- dd's, wages, standing orders etc - all before their 30 days notice - so tomorrow I'm going into the branch and I'M going to close the accounts ME - not them, ME. I'm also taking the money out of my sons savings account - the can sod off if they think they're keeping hold of him as a customer

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

wonder what would happen if you opened another flex account with them before they close down your account. My letter is closing the account with the charges on it, but what if (just for fun ) I opened a fresh flex account, just a basic account. One upmanship.

Do you think they would notice? a big cash cow like this? I like the idea of having a NW account for use on holiday (cirrus) as it is the cheapest way to get to your cash.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

They may do - seeing as you claimed twice - ha ha - they most probably have a 'wanted' sign of you in every branch - do not approach this man and let him have banking facilities - we've just had to give him 10k back! :) :) :)

I've been thinking of loitering near their cash machines with flyers about CAG but then realised I'd look extremely dodgy and most probably get myself arrested :grin: :grin:

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

My money was refunded last week and today they have given me notice that they will be closing my account in 30 days.

They sent me a letter stating I had to pay my overdraft off -I don't have an overdraft and haven't had one for some time! It seems they set out now to deliberately aggrevate their customers.

Can they legally close accounts because customers have taken them to court and if so, would it be too late to take this up in court again?

I have asked them to send me a copy of their Terms and Conditions as the 'standard' letter I received stated that I had not operated my account properly by taking them to court.

It surprises me that a large organisation like Nationwide are throwing their toys out the pram!

Annoyed customer.

• 2 weeks later...
Biker Paul I wonder if I could beg a favour - would you to be able to give me the full details of your particulars of claim? I really don't want them to close my accounts but am struggling to fit everything in the particulars of claim as it is!

Hi

Sorry, I really can't, due to a confidentiality order.

What I can do is write you some particulars of claim.

PM me...

--

Nationwide started 25/4 Statements 19/5/06 Settled by Tomlin order

Barclaycard started 26/4 Statements 3/6 £350 claimed

Claim 6QZ42513 - Default Judgement 1/8/06 - Settled for £358

New claim started for further charges, Prelim letter 3/10

DPA issues included in claim

Capital One started 26/4 Statements 31/5/06 £550 claimed Claim 6QZ46307 - Settled for £552

Littlewoods account default REMOVED

Camden Council PCN £84.59 claimed Claim 6QZ54253 issue 22/9/2007 Claim dismissed :mad:

Parachute packed and tested :!: and they know who I am now...

Moneyclaim is STILL busy... ;)

<link removed - sorry>