• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bank worker, can you advise

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What the situation is this, maybe you can advise??

I am starting up a limited company to develop property. Have been doing it for about 3 yrs or so, doing well so far.

Problem is, i was just getting mortgages etc anytime i wanted to buy anything, so after about 10 mortgages it gets messy.

Anyway got rid of most of my property now.

Have a Building site worth almost £200k debt free and about £100k of my own money, ready to put into the limited company.

How am i likely to stand with the bank in regard to borrowing, for say a few buy to let long term properties and another building site with a view to start into the building end of things.

Just want to be sure as there aren't that many banks don't already know my ways...

I would be quite keen to know this too..

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

I would think the banks will give you a slap on the wrists and rightly so!! This site is about encouraging decent people to get their UNLAWFUL charges back, not help people like you to obtain credit when you obviously have plenty of money of your own!

First rule of business: Don't use your own money!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

That being the first of the Three Rules of Business. The second being "Don't tell them everything you know."

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

So whats the third rule?

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

CILITBANGER,

Its not about trying to obtain credit. I am in the business of property where finance being available is very important.

Admittably i have not been very good in the past with my finances.

I ran up debts, obtained mortgages i should prob not have got. I am in the process of clearing any final debts, selling of the majority of my property and getting on the straight and narrow the best way i see fit. If you can tell me any better way to do it, then feel free.

But if you aint got any advice to offer, please say nothing at all.

And how dare you refer to me as not being a decent person. As someone else posted, 'first rule of business, don't use your own money.' So will you please tell me what i have done, to provoke this reaction out of you?

Varnster.....Cillitbanger is right. You are in the wrong place, mate.

As l understand it, this great site exists and is managed by dedicated people who want to help people - decent or otherwise (and l'm sure we're not all decent) - reclaim unlawful bank charges, not to provide free advice for 'property developers' with the odd few hundred grand to spare to devise ways in which to obtain further credit.

Get yourself a good accountant or get better at what you do, but please stop hijacking this forum as your questions are not relevant!

In regard to ''havin a go at this post'', at least i am being honest about my intentions. How many are out there that aren't being honest, letting on to be good decent people.

Its very easy, and would have been easy to have made up a wee sob story and got all the advice i needed, but i decided to be open, and up front about my intentions.

Ever ask yourself why, a lot of the posts are about removing defaults, cca requests for copy of signed agreements and posts in relation to cleanig up a credit file? I would suggest you think about this, as the conclusion i have come to is that its a way for a large majority to obtain further credit.

If this forum is for reclaiming bank charges, i hardly see the relevance of a lot of these posts.

You can waffle all you want about this forum being here to help decent people.

But when it comes down to it, the majority of people are out for themselves, only here to get one over on a bank that has been screwing them for years.

This is just a great way to get them back.

Anyway, Good Luck you all.

ps, if i do get any money back i will donate, but how many of these 'genuine decent people' ever do.

Guest NATTIE

Varnster- the answer to your thread is that banks won't want to touch you if you have a CIFAS against your name. I hope that answers you original question. I think it is better for me not to post further on the thread as it is now not helping others with more important questions on their own threads and you have an answer. Good luck with your claim.

Varnster - what a cynical ol' bugger you are!!!! I am one of those people trying to clear up her credit file and it certainly ain't to get more credit.:mad:

Two or three years ago, by the actions of my ex-husband, my current family were brought to our knees through suddenly having to find an extra £1k a month (that's another story). As a result of that, we couldn't pay everyone each month. Usual story .... bank charges were piled on top .... more debt. Loan to cover overdraft .... more outgoings ..... less money to pay people, and more charges.

This impacted on our mortgages (we had one on our home and one on an investment flat). Mortgage companies piled on £50 charges each month. Flat went to receivers - ironically for the same amount of arrears as the bank charges were. They took their slice and we lost £14k out of a £20k investment. Nightmare. This all reflects on our credit file.

We're getting there slowly. I've sold my car and bike to work. We have a lodger and finally, I'm hoping for a small pay increase at work when the law degree is finished next year.

As a result, the current mortgage we pay is £1050 for a £140k mortgage. My assistant at work (who is financially secure) pays £650 for a £160k mortgage. THAT is why I am trying to clear the defaults off my credit file. Like most people on this website, I am trying to crawl out of a hole which was partly caused by our personal situ but made 1000 x worse by the financial institutions.

Perhaps you should wonder why this country is the worst country in the world for personal debt - I reckon there wouldn't be half as many people in this sort of trouble if the banks worked with us more.

I WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING ......... Sorry Varnster - but you just don't have a clue, do you?

Read my post clearly, majority of people.

A very large majority people get into debt by excess spending.

I was not referring to anyone in particular, so don't take it personally.

And what do you mean when you say i don't have a clue?

Thread closed.

I think, now an answer has been given, the chances are that this thread will just become a new place to argue.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks