Initial Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear - I've just realised that I may have put the claim into the wrong address!

I sent my initial DPA letter, Prelim letter, and letter before action to a PO Box in Leeds address - all of which were answered, so they were getting them!

I always meant to change the address to the Trinity Road address when I saw you were all using that address, and forgot, so my claim went in to the PO Box address again. Do you think this matters? They replied to the first three letters, so muct be getting them. I just don't know about the court claim.

As far as I'm aware, as long as it is going to a Halifax owned property then thats fine

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Another update - Halifax have charged me three more £39 this week, and I am just about to start the process all over again, for those, but in the meantime, they have ignore everything, so I have phoned moneyclaim, and they have said just to use the Trinity Road address for the next step, which is sending the bailiffs in!!!!

So I am doing that now!

Funny you should say that - my husband's a journalist, and is on the phone right now trying to find out exactly when the bailiffs will be going!

I did just phone Halifax head office, to give them a last chance to pay, as they have ignored everything, and I would rather have my money that do this. The woman was so rude an patronising, and kept 'telling me off' for incurring the charges. She also said that they had written to me in April offering me £300. I didn't receive that letter, but pointed out that I wouldn't have accepted it anyway. She seemed to think that because I hadn't responded to this letter, the bailiffs can't go in. Is this true? I have requested the warrant now, but if theb ailiffs can go in, is there any way Halifax can still refuse to pay? I'm getting the last minute nerves - ridiculous isn't it? Thanks.

That's true - just me getting nervous. it hasn't come to this with the others. And I did just get 'told off' and put in my place. Oh well - will keep you updated.

They reassured me a bit - thanks. I can't find many people who have had to get to this stage. Do you think it's personal?? Ha ha.

Although that last one - the newspaper article - looked like he still might not get his money, even if the bailiffs go in!?! Oh well - just wait and see I suppose...

Excellent! The only thing is I've just read Bankfodder's advice about waiting for seven days after judgement. i couldn't find it anywhere on this site this morning, so phoned the money claim court service, and she just said do it as soon as possible, so they've only had a day! Oh well, i did call and warn them, and they didn't sound too bothered.

Absolutely - too little too late! Who do these blo**dy banks think they are??? You can bet your bottom dollar they wouldn't give us 7 days!

Good for you Guadge, hope you get your money and soon! Keep us posted! :-)

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

Perhaps they are getting short of money and are trying the delay tatics a bit harder so we will give up................I for one am not giving up, I have worked hard for the money I havent got unlike these banks.

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hey Guadge,

just been reading your thread....whats happening??? Give us an update.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hey - well I just checked the case on the money claim site, and it's still showing as the warrant has been 'requested' but I've been told that it will show as issued by tomorrow, and then I can phone the local court (in Halifax) and find out when the bailiffs are going in - will be one day this week.

Meanwhile - Bankfodder seems to think that Halifax may have accidentally let this one get this far (probably too busy with all the claims!) so just in case, at 10 am today, I sent an email to their customer relations just explaining that a charge is due to come out of my account tomorrow, and that if it does, then as soon as this claim is over, I assure them that I will start all over again. I then wrote that the bailiffs are due to go in this week, that I intended to get lots of media attention, and gave them the claim no for their reference. I received a personal reply in less than ten mins, saying she would look into it, but heard nothing since. At least they can't claim they knew nothing now! I'll let you know as soon as I know about the bailiffs. Cheers!

How exciting! Best of luck, I will be waiting with interest.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I am really looking forward to this.

Hope it goes well,hope the baillifs go in.

Best of luck.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Statements Received 24 Mar
  • Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

£2810 inc int. Halifax. Done and Dusted 16/05/06

Dont forget to donate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks