• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Jules v Yorkshire Bank WON at last !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a funny feeling that Jules will not be easily put off PJ.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See what I mean?:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...

They do everything at the 11th hour and often after deadlines. You can forget them rolling over easily cos it aint gonna happen. Think how much sweeter it will be when they do finally have to stump up though.

Hopefully you have added on to your claim something along the lines of "plus interest at xxp per day until date of settlement".

It probably says we deny it is unlawful and you are wrong.

There is a letter you could use or adapt in the bank templates library.

Right update on joint account,

Time to take gloves off

received letter from court today saying Yorkshire had asked to have claim "struck out".

They are claiming that the £200 cheque they sent me (which i kept uncashed as part settlement and informed them I would be continuing in court for remainder)

has been cashed therefor accepting this as a full and final settlement of a £487.15 claim I THINK NOT MISS KIRSTY ROSS.

I will be going to court tomorrow to show them the so called "cashed cheque" together with a copy of my rejection letter and asking why Miss Ross would be allowed to sign her name to such a blatent lie.

She has even had the cheek to ask that I pay their £85 costs.

Now I`m ****ed off :mad: and ready for action.Any thoughts from anyone.:mad:

I think you should also take a copy of the letter and a copy of the cheque for the judge and a covering letter

"Further to your letter of (date), please find attached a copy of the letter that I sent to Miss Ross when I was sent the cheque, explaining my position. I consider that the full amount is unlawful, and although I believe that I am entitled to this money I have not cashed it to ensure that there would be no misunderstanding that I was accepting it as full and final settlement. A copy of this cheque is also enclosed, and I will be pleased to produce the original in court. Regarding the matter of costs, I was under the impression that small claims were not subject to costs. I trust that this will be sufficient for my claim to proceed to a speedy resolution.

Love and kisses

Jules

xxx"

Or something like that.:D

Hearing is 20th october 10.30am ........ooooooooooo I do hope YB attends as I would love to see their faces:eek: .

Will keep you all posted

Is this hearing to decide if the claim will be struck out?

Make sure that you are you up to speed on all the arguments Jules? Be prepared.

No I was being a bit thick Jules (as usual, I know), and thinking they were going for the joint names thing to strike out, but it's the full and final settlement that you haven't agreed to isn't it, and I think your letter says it all really.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry Jules, but we were all here waiting with baited breath to see how you got on. As if there was any doubt.

• 1 month later...

Take a look at thread called JDW v Yorkshire in this forum, but all the folk down for the Mercantile are in the same boat, so I should keep an eye on the Mercantile forum, and probably post there too so you can support each other.

• Haha 1

Update......

Monday I had offers for both accounts

Full amounts claimed + court costs but.......................

No 8% interest so I`m sorry Miss Ross my letter of refusal is on its merry little way to you.

Jules

xxxx

That's ma boy!:D

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations you jammy dodger you.:D I don't think it would be greedy to insist on interest to the date of settlement, just your entitlement, but at long last this will be over, so congratulations again my old mucker.

Maybe you will start going to bed at a reasonable time now rather than haunting the forum in the wee small hours. Then again if you do that who will I talk to?;):rolleyes:

Well done Jules I'm really pleased for you, you deserve it.

Just imagine how many cucumbers you can buy now.........

xxxxxxxx

We grew ours last summer so cost nowt!

Don't worry Mum I had no intention of growing any for him!

Now I'm going to be sensible and put Jules in the winners enclosure where he belongs so all the nice newbies will see how well we're doing against YB now.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations my old mucker. Glad your claim was settled so quickly. A good 2 months quicker than mine. And what was that about keeping you sane? You're deluded cos I've seen no evidence that you were ever sane in the first place!:p:rolleyes:

You can buy me a drink next time I see you in chat, and I'll buy you one from my winnings too. :lol:

Cheers YB, and especially Kirsty. We knew you'd see sense in the end. We'll be in touch won't we Jules.;)