• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

hfo, sent photo of my house.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need help urgently please.

Last week i got a call from someone who i could barely understand and found to be very impolite so i put the phone down on him. He has been phoning me at least a dozen times a day from a mobile phone (ive got caller id) Now he has sent a letter demanding money i owe to Barclaycard (i dont deny the fact) which i think is a lot more than i originally owed, also a photocopy of my house and a photocopy of my experian credit report with the barclaycard debt highlighted. I feel very threatened by the photo of my house (which belongs to the council so i dont know why he sent a photocopy of it) and very vunerable when i am on my own. Does it mean hes watching me? Please help me urgently, i am at my wits end, very frightened and having sleepless nights. What should i do?

• Haha 1

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thankyou everyone for your help, i really dont know what im doing. I keep forgetting its bank holiday, im at work tonight and im really tired. Must get ready now but please keep sending your replies, will look again tomorrow

what letters do i need to send to them, ive never heard from Barclaycard for years. The experian credit report says default date 05/01/2007 and default balance $1,983, current balance $2,001 and HFO balance $2,795.36. There seems to be a big difference in figures (I cant find the pound sign) Which one is the real balance because i do owe barclaycard money and wiling to come to an arrangement and pay it off but not to HFO - id never heard of them

i have applied for the 30 day experian credit report, CCA template letter ready for PO tomorrow and waiting to complain tomorrow. Any names and numbers would be appreciated. I live in the East Midlands

I also pay a weekly amount by a swipe card supplied by Bryan Carter Solicitors for another Barclaycard (in my spouses name). Not sure if this went to court but they phoned me and pressured me into paying. Ive got nothing in writing and dont know what i owe. Is it too late to send them a CCA? These payments are crippling me, so is it safe to stop paying? I just agreed to pay to get them off my back

I eagerly await your replies, you are all giving me the confidence to stand up and fight back and take control of my finances again

thankyou harrassed senior for replying and giving up your time on a bank holiday.

My OH has had no telephone or letter contact with Bryan Carter, I took the telephone call and panicked and agreed to pay each week. Is it safe to stop paying and send cca? If it went to court can i have it set aside? Id appreciate any help, thankyou

Trying to send a recorded delivery letter to registered office but post office say its a different company there, so i expect ill get it back again.

Phoned company house, they say that is their registered address, if my letter comes back to phone again and they will ask them to update their records.

Phoned consumer direct, they have logged my complaint and will inform trading standards

E-mailed watchdog

No one seems interested in my problem with HFO except you people. Please keep giving me advice thanks

Ive just got experian credit report and HFO have put a default on it.

Shouldnt i have got a default notice first? and who issues it HFO or Barclaycard?

Default Balance £1,983

Current Balance £2,002

Defaulted on 05/01/2007

But HFO say I owe £2795.36

Why is there a difference in amounts?

Can someone please advise me

• 5 months later...

i was told by oft not to discuss this case but i now need further advice please.

After hearing nothing from HFO since May they have now sent me a photocopy of a pre-approved application form which i signed in November 1998, this is not the cca i asked for is it????

Also i received a letter from Barclaycard saying they could not send me this information as my address does not correspond with the one they have on file and could i send them my new address and signature. I have ignored this letter so far.

HFO have now said they have bought the debt, I dont know when?

What should I do now???? your urgent advice would be greatly appreciated