Halifax bank charges ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My statement.

Claimant has a contract with Halifax PLC

opened in 1987 conducted on their standard

terms and conditions. I am claiming the money

taken by the defendant in charges for the

last 6 years plus interest. The bank's

charges are a disproportionate penalty and

therefore unenforceable as they are contrary

to common law. Further, as a disproportionate

penalty they are invalid under the Unfair

(Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the

Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts

Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). In

the event that the charges are not a penalty

then they are unreasonable within the meaning

of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

s.15. The bank will not justify these

charges. Charges:Unpaid penalty charges from

April 2002,including unauthorised overdraft

fees as a result of the charges £1,759.

Claimant claims interest under section 69 of

the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8%

a year from 04-2004 to 31-8-06 of £170.08

and interest at 8% up to the date of judgment.

Hope this helps.

:)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there,

I too received a letter just this morning from the halifax to say they were sorry i was unhappy with my £3300 bank charges and they will get back to me in the next four weeks or so!. after reading postings, will do the same and give them the original 14 days as stated and continue with claim.

hi there,

I too received a letter just this morning from the halifax to say they were sorry i was unhappy with my £3300 bank charges and they will get back to me in the next four weeks or so!. after reading postings, will do the same and give them the original 14 days as stated and continue with claim.

Keep at 'em Bobs!

Hia TJZ1100

Many thanks for your help. I have just submitted my mcol. I have added the interest as I worked it out on the spreadsheet to the total. Was I supposed to send my spreadsheet off to the court. I am totally lost now (hope I haven't messed up) I have read the FAQ's over and over again but I really can't find the answer for this

Many thanks

Any advice from anyone would be appreciated

Caz

The court may request the charge schedule, but if you've included your account details the bank should be able to work them out for themselves. You can't (as far as I'm aware) attach the sheet to the mcol form anyway. Some people who've used the N1 form and taken it to the court have included a schedule of charges!

Good luck.

Many thanks. I think I have read that many different things that I have totally confused myself. I am scared of messing things up at this stage. It seems really daunting when you are just used to being at home looking after the kids, doing the washing etc. etc.

You can't.

Send a PM to one of the moderators.

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Have you lot started your own threads in the Halifax forum? You will get much more input from other Halifax customers there and they will no doubt offer help too. It is much better to start your own threads so you and everyone else can follow your progress more easily.

If you can't find your own thread, look on your own post here, click on your underlined user name, which you take you to your own profile. There you will find a link showing threads you have started. Just follow that.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hia caro. Thanks for your help. I am sorry to appear thick but I had never used a forum before any of this and I don't know how to get my threads into the halifax forum now. Sorry to be a pest but would you please be able to merge my threads and get me in the right place?

Many thanks

Caz

Good luck.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hia everyone

Just to let you know I have received a Notice of Issue from the court this morning.

details are

Claim issued on 4th Sept.

Sent to defendant first class post on 4th Sept.and it will be deemed to be served on 9th Sept.

Halifax has until 23rd Sept. to reply

Hope everyone else is going on ok with their claims

Caz

Only if they are defending. If they only acknowledge it is 14 days I believe.

Study the FAQ's and step by step instructions and you will find the whole process fully explained.

:lol: ZIPPEDY DOO DAH ZIPPEDY DAY MY OH MY WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

HAVE JUST CHECKED MY ACCOUNT AND HALIFAX HAVE PAID IN FULL.:lol: :lol:

Donation will be on it's way very soon. Thanks to everyone involved with this amazing site