Ritchie78 v Cabot

Ritchie78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I see Cabot is quite a "popular" subject on CAG! Fingers crossed someone can give me some guidence.

I've been receiving letters from Cabot for about a year now regarding a debt I had with Cahoot. This is going back some time (7 years) while I was at uni, the debt never got paid off.

The letters started out by welcoming me to Cabot, I ignored them all. They then started offering me money off the debt if I contacted them now, this made me think maybe they couldn't link the debt to me and so were trying to entice me to phone them and acknowledge the debt with them, again I did nothing.

However.. I received a letter today stating that my account had been escalated to their Pre Litigation Department and that they MAY issue a claim for a CCJ, follow link to the letter I've scanned in.

CabotLetter1.jpg picture by Ritchie78 - Photobucket

I'm not sure which way to turn, continue to ignore them, contact them stating that I don't recognise the debt with them, ask for a signed copy of the credit agreement or another form of action.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ritchie78

If you are sure no payment has been made in the last 7 years, tell them to bu**er off as it is Statute Barred

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi silverfox1961, thanks for replying.

Yes I am sure, I couldnt believe that they would still be chasing.

Should I actually contact them informing them that this debt is now statute barred due to the 7 years of no payments?

As i've said I've not contacted them at all during this whole process for fear of acknowledging the debt, however if they can't legally do anything now thats less of a problem.

Thanks again

Well you could ignore them. There is not much they could do. They might send it round the other DCA's or they could try going to court but you could defend that.

If you wanted to bait them, send a "Prove it" letter followed up with a SB letter when they respond.

Anything that hurts Crapbots profits can only be good in my books (ME! Biased :D)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE