Bank account - Opening one - Refused by CO-OP

Deb T
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my file is pants and we got a cashminder with the Co-op around 3 years ago, dunno why they are refusing.

The visa debit card they issued us recently might be the problem, it replaced the previous visa electron and is now I believe classed as an online debit card, wotever that means.

Just make sure that the account you apply for doesn't have any connections to other banks in the same group (if you owe them money), they can and do exchange info for sure,

Heres a link to the basic bank account list and their connections, http://www.payplan.com/pdf/bank_acc.pdf , the symbols show linked accounts.

Sherlock

Edited by SHERLOCK
  • Haha 1

often the info can be confusing and credit check details are generally hidden somewhere in the small details. However, I'm not sure basic accounts are given without credit checks as names still have to be verified etc.

I think maybe its just that the checks aren't used to determine suitability, I may stand corrected on this.

The banking inclusion directives (with regard basic banking for everyone) were set by the EC some years ago in collaboration with the banks and all details can be found here:

Financial inclusion - HM Treasury

Sherlock

Edited by SHERLOCK

'otherwise we could all have several accounts in different names'

Thats just my point, I opened an account by post for my 16 year old daughter (nearest co-op branch 20 miles away) and they requested a birth certificate verified with a doctors/solicitors/professional's signature and then she had to ring up to set the online bank.

I can't accept for one minute that an account is opened without verifying details of some nature (with or without your knowledge), else any tom dick or harry could open an account and launder money etc.

In essence my daughter could have been any female on gods earth!