"Navigo" SY885 Sat-Nav V.1 Registry restore

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a 'Navigo' SY885 V.1 Sat-nav, which originally had Turbodog V.5 installed on the SD card as the default supplied navigation system.

As the Turbodog V.5 was outdated, I downloaded a version of Igo8 sat-nav navigation system and UK maps, from a site which assured me that the version was pre-configured to work on my Navigo, but after installing the Igo8 on a new SD card, and running it on the 'Navigo', although it worked for a few minutes, the volume of the voice instructions turned itself down to zero, the volume bar stayed displayed showing zero volume at the bottom of the screen, trying to turn the volume up using the volume control just resulted in 'beeps' and immediately going back down to zero.

On removing the SD card with the Igo8 on it, and running the original Turbodog V.5 on the Navigo, the problem remained- not only with the navigation software, but also when trying to play a mp3 or video- works for a minute or two then 'beeps' itself down to zero volume again.

I think the Igo8 programme has corrupted the Navigo's registry files.

I managed to find a default original Navigo registry file online, to restore registry values using MSync and CeRegEd, but the file is for the Navigo V.2 model only and is totally different to the V.1. version.

I have the Navigo SY885, 3.5" screen, V.1, with the Rom Version- 17C.YF.3.N.1015, and Software Version- V2.0.0.12.15.

Has anyone got a working "Navigo" SY885, V.1, 3.5" screen, Sat-Nav, who can make me a registry image back-up, so I can restore my sat-nav?

Or has anyone got a copy of the V.1 registry image restore files?

Or has anyone got any ideas on how I can fix the problem some other way?

Advice and help would be really appreciated, thanx,

Border Collie of Scotland.

Thanks Andrew,

I joined navigo wiki space and placed a similar message on their discussion board.

I'd have thought someone already would have had a great idea to create a web-site especially for downloading original copies of device registry files, not only for sat-navs, but also for PDA's, Phones, I-Pods, etc.

"Dragon's Den", here I come.....??

Thanx again,

Border Collie of Scotland