• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Can't pay, won't pay debate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well said MC

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now.

As the National Audit Department reckons that each household in this country has bailed out industry to the tune of around 40k per household then why can't we turn the tables on the banks and tell them to get f*cked.

Government was quick enough to bail out there mates, (and I mean mates. We regularly had members of parliament at my building for lunches etc) but how about some bail out for us consumers and revoking the credit licences of most of these underhand Credit Card Companies & DCA's??

I'm sure Alistair (The Badger) Darling made some sort of threat (credit licence revoked) to these companies, but as per the norm it was just all talk until the next thing came along. So most likely all forgotten about now.

Like many others in this country if it wasn't for the banks I'd still have my job I had for 24yrs (started at 16 and YES it's was a bank) and wouldn't be in this bloody mess now.

My only saving grace is that I have PPI on most things which have come in very handy indeed.

But let’s not forget the real issue here. As long as the big boys (who in effect bankrupted England) get there bonus all will be ok for the next round of f*ck ups.

How many other jobs can you so monumentally f*ck up at and still keep your position and still demand a bonus?? The world’s gone f*cking mad I tell you.

And to top it off we the consumer get treated like we are the criminals cause we can't pay this month as we have kids to feed and roof to keep over our heads. Didn't see the Government coming to my or your rescue at the drop of a hat.

If that was me or you we'd be up on all sorts of charges and jailed and the drop of a hat.

I’m sure the Government has acted illegally in the way they have dealt with all this (my personal opinion and not the opinion of others) I didn’t agree to having to repay our national debt with my taxes for the next 25yrs or more. Did you?

Anyway rant over

Scrapper Coco :cool:

• Haha 1

"I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Scrapper vs MBNA Partial Settlement Success. Saved £13,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc PPI Reclaim Success £5,500 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclaycard Partial Settlement Success. Saved £6,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Egg (Barclaycard) Awaiting FOS

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc Offered made & Refused. This means war :-x

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Scrapper vs Intelligent Finance. Success

Scrapper vs Picture (Webb Resolutions) Success

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was more than willing to pay back what I had borrowed MBNA

In fact I even informed them that I had been made redundant and I could for the time being carry on paying them the normal monthly amounts as I had income protection for 12 months which would see me right, but could they be aware that if I didn’t find a job within that 12 months I might need some assistance. No sooner had I put the phone down I had letter drop through the door advising me that due to my circumstances and something about risk assessment they where putting up my interest rate. MBNA 15.9% - 36.9 .

Anyone governed by the banking code is supposed to act in their clients best interest so you tell me (if you dare) I don’t have a case too tell them to go get f*cked and suck my c*ck and use the law that’s in place to protect myself????? If they f*cked up their agreements that’s their tough sh*t as far as I’m concerned. Don’t treat me like a mug.

They brought this on themselves. I had no intention of ducking away from what I owed so if they can play the game like the pirates they are then so shall I.

The banks have had it their own way for far too long and the more people start standing up to them and win the more likely it is they will change their business practices.

They can’t expect the UK taxpayer to bail them out at the first sign of trouble then treat people with contempt they moment they need help. (Yes I know MBNA isn't a UK Bank, but they needed bailing out as well by the US Government) But you get where I am coming from I hope?

They have very short memories and this needs to be addressed by a government that has the Jacobs to tell them to back off, but they won’t cause they are running scared of the banks due to reasons unknown.

Rant over

Edited by Scrapper

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

And another thing. I tried to talk to them about this and told them I wasn't a risk as i'd never missed one payment with them and I could still keep paying every month for the next 12 months at least so could they reconsider and guess what they told me??

It's non negotiable and we can do what we like as it's a variable rate.

Considering the BOE base rate has been failing since 2002 that's hardly acting in my best interest or playing cricket in my book so it was game on as far as I was concerned.

I didn't even know there was laws to protect me until I found this site which was a god send.

Thanks

Beginner's guide

And as I beat them it just goes to show that this site works.

I applied more pressure on them than they did me and it paid off in the end, but if they hadn't been so underhand and greedy and actually listened to what I was saying instead of trying to bully me and threaten me (I'm a big boy and they didn't scare me in the slightest. I wanted them to send someone round. Boy would he have got a shock when I opened the door) they would have eventually got the entire £17000 + Interest out if me, but instead I screwed them out of £14000 and got my credit file cleaned up in the process

Enough from me

Beginner's guide

What is a professional debtor?

Cabot are professional leeches!

I'll tell you what a professional debtor is. Most of the sodding underhand financial institutions in this country at the moment because I believe they actually owe us far more than we owe them. £40k per household for starters.

How about we start a campaign of harrasment towards them (hire a DCA) and start calling the company chairman daily for an update plus add late payment fees £12 daily and up the interest rate to around 40%. See how they like it up them. We could also send them the classic your credit file could be affected unless you make payment immediately letters CALL US NOW to make a debit card payment.

Scrapper Coco:cool:

Beginner's guide

In fact that's an idea for a thread me thinks

Beginner's guide

Well I'm at the front of the queue and a new thread will be under way shortly as this all has to stop.

Do you realise how close it came to doomsday. I'll tell you. If they hadn't reach an agreement by that Sunday night the whole UK banking industry would have colapsed by Monday morning and this country would have sunk. Not just a few million losing their jobs. We are talking the entire working work force of the UK would have been destroyed.

Yet the bankers who caused all this problem with their sub prime mortgage deals and selling off bad debt for more bad debt and lending money like there was a 24/7 party going on are allowed to dictate the terms and treat joe public like sh*t is not on.

The Government talks a good talk, but never actually does anything about it.

Nothing more has been said about the bonus issue as the spin has been spun and they powers that be hope it's all forgotten about when in the real world it's still an issue.

That's what all the taxing bonus is about. They caved in to RBS and so on telling them they are paying the bonues and thats that. Weve got your money no feck off and leave us alone.

Got to stop ranting and start a campaign

Edited by Scrapper

Beginner's guide

Just one more rant while we are on the subject of banks.

One of my good friends is about to lose his job on the 24th Dec due to his company having to shut down after 100yrs in business because the bank who is 80% owned by joe public wouldn't give the owners an overdraft to protect the work force due to them being shafted on a deal.

They even offered the said bank 12 million pounds in land deeds as security so they wouldn't have to lay their employees off and they still said on your bike.

This said bank was given the money so that they could save themselves and get the economy back on track, but they seem to be just looking after number one.

Now this is where the GOVERNMENT should step in and tell them in no uncertain terms start lending or get out of town. Good luck finding a new job and by the way your pension and benefits have been forefited.

Let them see what the shoe feels like on the other foot. Bet they'd soon start sharing the wealth then.

Edited by Scrapper

Beginner's guide

I'm on a roll today :-o

Beginner's guide