Lloyds Tsb

consort
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First and foremost can anyone help? We are not understanding via FAQ what we are supposed to be doing. So far we have received from the bank a full list of every single charge from the last six years, worked out how much we think they owe us and have sent a preliminary 14 day notice for our money back. We didn't enclose a schedule of charges because we were not exactly sure what that meant. Q1. Is this the full list of dates and charges from the last six years that we feel are illegal charges?

Within the fourteen days of the prelim letter LTSB replied basically telling us that all the overdraft etc charges were legal, politely told told us that we should have ran our bank account better and that the letter is the banks final response and to refer our complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Q2. Have we made a hash of this already? And what do we do next?

Confused and frustrated

Consort

Ooops I've just posted pretty much the same thread. I've just rec'd the same letter back from LTSB and I am unsure of what to do next also. Also getting confused by the FAQ's.

Sorry not helping just letting you know I'm in the same boat.

Amie:sad:

Hi consort, welcome.

Ok, question 1, yes a schedule of charges is a list of the dates, amounts and the banks reason for the charge (returned DD, excess o/d)

Question 2, no you have not messed up at all, you wait the full 14 days and issue letter before action and include a scedule of charges.

The charges are unlawful, not illegal. All I would suggest you do is read again the FAQ and others threads, there will be all the information you require and its best to have a good understanding of what needs done, otherwise the bank could pick up on the fact you are not fully informed.

Good luck

o0oLiamBeeo0o.

Prelim Req sent 12 June 2006,

LBA sent 26 June 2006,

Confirmation of court action sent 24 July 2006,

Court return date 20 October 2006 - LTSB did not reply,

Court hearing date 27 October 2006 - Decree granted in my favour,

Recall of decree recieved 16 November 2006,

1 December 2006 assigned as recall of decree,

26 January 2007 assigned for full proof hearing,

16 January 2007 1st offer recieved and declined,

23 January 2007 2nd offer accepted, awaiting monies to hit bank account

All advice & opinions of o0oLiamBeeo0o are personal opinions, if in doubt seek advice from a qualified professional !!

vvv My Thread vvv

Hi there,

I sent out my prelim and letter before action and received exactly the same letters - its all pretty standard stuff. Don't expect the bank to cave in now; they will play for time for as long as possible and hold on to your cash.

Keep a note of all the correspondance and stick to the timeline. They will keep rejecting you and I've no doubt you'll need to file a claim before they even start to take you seriously.

If you read through the posts you will see eveyone else has been fobbed off with the same letters and they are nothing to worry about. Stick to the templates and you'll be fine!

11/07/2006 - First request sent

21/07/2006 - Standard 'sod off' reply from Lloyds TSB

25/07/2006 - Letter before action sent

01/08/2006 - Second standard 'sod off' reply from Lloyds TSB

03/08/2006 - Claim started through moneyclaim for sum of £1756.26

04/08/2006 - Claim issued by moneyclaim

09/08/2006 - Claim served by moneyclaim

06/09/2006 - Defence entered

25/09/2006 - AQ returned (no Lloyds AQ yet)

Hi Amie,

I do not see any reason why you cannot continue, after all it is your timeline.

I had a short delay of about 2 weeks when LBA expired but I still filed with court, if it was the other way around and you didnt wait the full 14 days then that would be different, but no I would say go ahead.

Regards

o0oLiamBeeo0o

Prelim Req sent 12 June 2006,

LBA sent 26 June 2006,

Confirmation of court action sent 24 July 2006,

Court return date 20 October 2006 - LTSB did not reply,

Court hearing date 27 October 2006 - Decree granted in my favour,

Recall of decree recieved 16 November 2006,

1 December 2006 assigned as recall of decree,

26 January 2007 assigned for full proof hearing,

16 January 2007 1st offer recieved and declined,

23 January 2007 2nd offer accepted, awaiting monies to hit bank account

All advice & opinions of o0oLiamBeeo0o are personal opinions, if in doubt seek advice from a qualified professional !!

vvv My Thread vvv

Amie,

Could you clarify which letter you have got to; prelim or letter before action.

The deadlines in the letters are deadlines set by you for the banks to respond. Once the 14 days are up you can then move to the next step in the process. You have 6 years from the date of the charge to make your claim; the 14 days is just so the bank can't drag the matter on forever.

Matt

Sorry it is the prelim letter that I am up to...following this is it the LBA and this is when I complete the spreadsheet which calculates interest?? (actually just tried the spreadsheet and cant get on for some reason??)

Thanks

amie

We have just been busy reading the FAQ again and are starting to get it! Our prelim letter 14 days notice ended today, although the bugger off letter came last week. we have copied and pasted the LBA. So tomorrows job will be an excel spread sheet with all unlawfull charges from last 6 years (£2282) and the LBA. Here we go again ready for the next bugger off letter! Then onto the next stage! LOOK OUT LTSB WE AIN'T GIVIN UP TILL YAV COFFED UP...........

Sounds like you've got it. Don't forget, do NOT include the 8% interest in your LBA. Leave this for moneyclaim if the claim gets that far.

The next letter I got was a "sorry but no.This is our final decision on the matter". Don't be surprised when this comes through. Since the bank stated they clearly didn't want to talk any further on the matter I didn't wait for the 14 days to expire - just fired off my moneyclaim the very next day.

Best of luck and keep with it!

Matt