Log book loan took my car!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a loan on my car with mobile money, I made 1st payment fine and then lost my job, My house, My god child at birth, My family and my mum n dad took my car off me because it wasnt taxed and i couldnt afford to do it, I blanked the calls from mobile money and wrote them a letter explain everything, I fell well behind on payments and one day a moible number called and i answered it was the "manger" He offered a one off payment of £400 which no 22 year old can come up with on the dole althou i did try, I couldnt do it so i set up a new payments of £50 till it was payed off my mum n dad gave me back my car and taxed insured it ect. On the 28th of October id just got home watchin tv and heard a recover truck (i had my car back about 2 weeks and they didnt know my new address or so i thought) i ran up stairs to see what it was and it was backing up to my car, I grabbed my mobile which they said was switched off and called my dad he told me not to let them take my car and he was on his way round i stood infront of the wagon where two sumg guys kept asking me to move but i wouldnt my dad got there and asked them what the F**k they was doing after they argue with my dad and my dad told them the loan wasnt even 4 me it was 4 my friend who didnt make any payments at the time i didnt know till i was even more in the **** and started to pay £50 a week which i shouldnt be able to afford on the dole but i struggled as my car is a one off and everything i had i put into my car, They still said they was in there rights to take my car as i had not made any paments at all i ran inside got my bank statment which i had made a 3 payments in total (behind i know) but the last one was on the 18th of this month! They told my dad to pay £725 and they would let me get my car back my dad told them where to go! every payment i made was never knocked off the bill! They called the police to move my dad car which after about 3 hours he did and they took it, They called me yesturday and asked 4 my dad to sort out a payment, £625! Which my dad paid to get my car back, Is there anyway i can do anything about this they said they have the High courts of london sealed bos which i never saw...!! My car showed it had finance ect are mobile money logbook loans right? Plz help! Ive rang trading standers citzen advise ect but now ive paid to get my car back am i best just leaving it?

Zara-Lea :p

Hi

This is terrible - but just the kind of example the OFT is looking for right now...

send an email to [email protected]

she works at the OFT (Office of Fair Trading)

If you do nothing else - do this....

the only way you will get LBL off your back if you are unable to pay is to hide your car away and see if you can drive something else in the meantime - not what you want to hear I know - but it really is the only way that you can keep your car

Then contact the CAB or a solicitor to fight a case against them - if you should find that the Bill of Sale is invalid

k : )

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Hi

This is terrible - but just the kind of example the OFT is looking for right now...

send an email to [email protected]

she works at the OFT (Office of Fair Trading)

If you do nothing else - do this....

the only way you will get LBL off your back if you are unable to pay is to hide your car away and see if you can drive something else in the meantime - not what you want to hear I know - but it really is the only way that you can keep your car

Then contact the CAB or a solicitor to fight a case against them - if you should find that the Bill of Sale is invalid

k : )

Apple

My Bill of sale has Mr instead of Miss.... Whitness is the person who gave me the loan has a threatning part on it and thier was something eles but cant think of it right now!

Zara-Lea :p

These companies need to be shut down same problem myself my car is hidden in a barn 20 miles away from home behind hay stacks they will never find it they cocked up my account and now want my car and they aint guna get it EVER i will not give in f*****g w*****s need to get a proper job

Hi Both

There are oooo's in the same position as you.

It is unfortunate that the only course of action against these traders seems to be to put your car into hiding - if you don't - they have been known to simply take it away.

The action taken by the OFT is a significant landmark - don't under estimate what liberty this will afford you in the long term.

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi zaria

This sounds like a terrible experience. I am truly shocked having read these stories for the first time as part of my research

Presumably you have been compensated got your car back etc,etc or at least gone to Watchdog and got some massive a written apology in this day & age?