Random Sky payments

sazzyuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today we came across a strange payment coming out of our old joint account and I'm looking for some advice. We don't check our joint account statements - our fault - as it's always the same things that come out for the house every month and that's all it's used for.

The payment is for Sky. It is an old joint account, which our Sky came out of in our old rented house. Since we bought our own house in August 2008 Sky has come out of my account.

In July 2008 we left our old rented house and made the final payment of £50.76. We rang to cancel the Sky account, we had had it for a year at this point (we lived there for a year). We set up a new one in my name when we moved to our new house a couple of weeks later. No payments to Sky were made on the old account in August, September and October 2008.

After finding this today I looked back through all our old joint account statements and found that in November 2008 a Sky payment started up again and have been ever since, usually it was £16.50, but this has changed every now and then with other figures being £15.87, £16.76, £17.50, £17.00 and £2.52 (?!).

First of all, I'm trying to work out what would normally cost £16.50 from Sky, but also range so much in monthly payments - as above. Secondly, I'm starting to think that the people who moved into the house we rented are using our old Sky account in our name?

Any help and advice on this would be much appreciated, and your thoughts on if we can get this money back. It totals to £186.15.

did you have sky talk at your old address?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)