Nationwide OD

covbob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I've been a Nationwide customer for a long while, but after getting married and getting fed up of their customer service I moved banks to HSBC.

I have a Nationwide overdraft, on which I had a reducing limit to pay it off. I was transferring the amount I needed each month to pay it off from my HSBC account. However, I forgot to remove a Direct Debit from the account, which bounced, and Nationwide hit me with a fee for it (the latest of many fees I've had to pay whilst their customer). As a result I was over my agreed limit when it reduced, and they took my OD away, leaving me £1000 in the red. At that point I got a new job and all thought of sorting out my finances went out of my head (yes, stupid I know - house move and new job came together and made life very busy). The OD sat their gathering unauthorised OD fees...

I've recently started receiving letters from Fredricksons, threatening me with court action. Like a wally I got scared and phoned them, and agreed to repay £60 per month - the minimum they'd take. I should mention that Nationwide wouldn't discuss this with me - all they'd do is put me through to "another department" which was F'sons.

Long story, I know, but is there anything I can do? I must have paid hundreds in bank fees to Nationwide over the years, and the only reason I lost my overdraft with them was due to their fees. Is there any way I can deal with this and maybe get something back?

(I know this is my third thread in 30 mins - I'm trying to get my finances sorted out at long last!)

Thanks for reading.

Don't worry. You will get all of your money back plus interest or even restitutionary damages if you want to fight. Could end up being alot of money.

Assert yourself and follow the steps that PGH above has suggested. Don't waste time. you r money back is a dead cert so don't be fazed. get angry and stay angry.