• Tweets

• Met are out of order in this new version of their PCN. They show your car arriving and leaving via the ANPR cameras. They then go on to describe this as the parking period knowing full well that since your car still has to drive to a parking space and later drive from the parking space to the exit. How this can be described as a parking period with so much driving involved is beyond me.    
    • I have a similar issue, I was caught shoplifting in M&S last fortnight (which I'm ashamed of) and I received a letter from DWF with the £125 fine and the price of the goods. I've paid the money. The police were not called, but a police letter was sent to a presumed suspect. Will this letter affect the options I choose when applying for a visa (I checked many posts and found no one who has received a similar letter). Is it all over after paying the money? I'm so anxious about it all!
    • I used to go to the Sainsbury's in the Cromwell Road London and my wife used to get PCNs there. I just spoke to a manage onsite and they were good enough to get them cancelled. If you take in the PCN , they photograph it and that is the end of it. Which is what should happen with major companies when their customers are ripped off by the rogues. Are you listening Mcdonalds and Starbucks?
    • I was caught shoplifting in M&S last fortnight (something I'm ashamed of) and I received a letter from DWF containing a fine of £125 and the price of the goods. I've paid the money. The police were not called, but a new police letter was received with a presumed suspect. Will this letter affect the options I choose when applying for a visa? Is it all over after paying the money? I'm so anxious about it all!
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Claiming Back OSC Payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK.........here we go again.Having had OSC removed from my accounts i now want to claim it back as i am 100% pos.it was missold.

I have 5 accounts with BH and on 4 of them they added OSC with out asking but thats not the argument i am going with.When i got the first aggreement with them i was told that there was no warranty with BH goods as they are bought in bulk cheaply from the manufacturer so i need the OSC in case they break down.I now no this to be Cr@p.

According to my calculations,and i have double checked this,i have paid Just this side of a £1000 in OSC,i dont want to be too specific as you dont know who reads this.There is also £60 in unlawful late fees but i may leave that "on file" so to speak.

Consumer direct advise me that i need to quote section 56 of the CCA 1974 to Caversham finance as they are the ones responsable for BH lies.

I suspect its first letter giving 14 days.if that fails,second letter(LBA) giving 7 days.Next step court.

Does that sound about right?

I am at this stage now mate, they refunded the dlc but refuse point blank to refund the osc now its removed... same situation as you, was not asked on second agreement... I made point it was not on first agreement when was with partner but she was on her own the second time.

not sure what to do in my thread, so shall follow this with great interest

just to say there was a delay sending the letter off as i had work comitments to deal with first.

Letter has now gone to Caversham finance and i gave them 7 days to respond so as soon as i hear i will post it up.

Ian

Got a reply from BH,It thanks me for my letter and states that my complaint has been passed to the area manager and i will be contacted in the next 48hrs.

I cant see what the area manager has to do with it but we will see.

Well the 48hrs has been and gone and no contact yet:mad:

Their time is up on Tuesday then it will have to be LBA.

Hopefully it wont go too far but i wont hold my breath.I think i will start to research the court routine so i know what to do as i have never done it before and then if push comes to shove there wont be a delay.

If it gets that far does anyone no if i can take them to court online?

See,told you i have not done it before:)

Well the 48hrs has been and gone and no contact yet:mad:

Their time is up on Tuesday then it will have to be LBA.

Hopefully it wont go too far but i wont hold my breath.I think i will start to research the court routine so i know what to do as i have never done it before and then if push comes to shove there wont be a delay.

If it gets that far does anyone no if i can take them to court online?

See,told you i have not done it before:)

I would not hold your breath on the area manager, when I was disputing the dlc ... his final word on it was "she signed the agreement, tough" !

BH made contact on sat.but not the area manager as they said it would be but the shop manager!

She said she would investigate my complaint and contact me again in the week.

I am pretty sure i know what the result of her investigation will be but i have to let them go through the motions now contact has been made.

hi ya just reading through they owe me between 10-15000 pounds in dlc and osc that does not include late fees ive been with them for 10yrs plus ive had 23 agreements and just like everyone else it was never an option and just added automaticaly i requested a copy of all my credit agreements head office said they are in shop but the manager is saying no passing the buck 2wks ago ive phoned no joy so i have been to cab they said they are legal but yesterday i recevied a letter from them to come back to the office to discuss if for them to help me complain i contacted the judge in the sunday mail he asked me to send a detailed letter about complain for him to investegate i did recorded and i also gave him a link to this website to see the evidence for himself i just dont see why they cannot give me my agreements and my money back i will get it cheers for listening

hi ya just reading through they owe me between 10-15000 pounds in dlc and osc that does not include late fees ive been with them for 10yrs plus ive had 23 agreements and just like everyone else it was never an option and just added automaticaly i requested a copy of all my credit agreements head office said they are in shop but the manager is saying no passing the buck 2wks ago ive phoned no joy so i have been to cab they said they are legal but yesterday i recevied a letter from them to come back to the office to discuss if for them to help me complain i contacted the judge in the sunday mail he asked me to send a detailed letter about complain for him to investegate i did recorded and i also gave him a link to this website to see the evidence for himself i just dont see why they cannot give me my agreements and my money back i will get it cheers for listening

Getting your aggreements is the easy part,Send them a CCA request and fee to head office recorded.They then have no choice as far as i know.

Than workout the figures involved and make a formal complaint for you money back.Dont waste you time on the phone as most of the clowns make the law up as they go along and i am convinced have no training.

Dont withhold payment as a punishment for not giving you the paperwork as you will play into there hands.

Edited by ian6pot

Any advise would be welcome round about now.

How long can i let this drag on?Its been 14 days from my first letter to BH

They contacted me after two days to say it has been handed over to the area manager.A further two days go by and shop manager phones to say she is investigating and will be in touch within the same week.

As yet no more contact has been made.This seems to me to be delaying tactics so the question is how long do i wait before i send another letter stating enough is enough and take it to the next level?

The longer i leave it the more they may think i will just go away(which i wont)

EDIT

Decided give them a nudge,so will update when i know more.

Edited by ian6pot
decided enough is a enough

Umm, probably along the line of what i was told yesterday..

"they have investigated and found no wrong doing, the staff at brighthouse are highly trained when it comes to OCS and DLC and they would not miss sell these product to anyone".. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. its a joke!!!

We had a nice phone call with the ombudsman yesterday, they are sending Caversham a letter of complaint for us..

Umm, probably along the line of what i was told yesterday..

"they have investigated and found no wrong doing, the staff at brighthouse are highly trained when it comes to OCS and DLC and they would not miss sell these product to anyone".. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. its a joke!!!

We had a nice phone call with the ombudsman yesterday, they are sending Caversham a letter of complaint for us..

Dont you just love em.

Did the ombudsman give you a time scale to what they are doing?

I am thinking once the reply comes to LBA them and then court.

They said we have to give them 8 weeks for a reply, but im not getting my hopes up.

What do you mean by LBA??? I have thought of small claims court and the bloke from the ombudsman said i could take them to court, but not to sure..

LBA (Letter before action)

Assuming i get a negative response from BH i then LBA them and say that there response is not acceptable and give them a further 7 days or i will start court process without further contact with them.

Bit of a rethink needed now.

got my reply back from BH and sure enough they are not interested so looked at the next move and descoved somthing strange:eek:

I worked out the numbers from receipts i had paid and the new agreements with OSC removed and i did think the OSC cost were high compared to the web site but thought no more of it.However BH sent me copies of the old agreements with there get lost letter and i nearly fainted:-? I HAVE BEEN PAYING DLC ON FOUR ACCOUNTS.

The very first agreement i have with them which is still active has NO DLC as i said i did not want it and i provided my own policy for them.They took a photo copy of it and it is also wrote on the agreement in the insurance box along with the expiry date.All the other 4 later agreements have had DLC loaded on automaticaly even though they had a copy of my insurance on file:evil::evil::evil:.

now interetingly when i sent the letter in to get the OSC removed i never mentioned DLC because as far as i new i did not have it but it has also been removed.

What a complete shower:rolleyes:

Same situation as post 2 above i think

Edited by ian6pot
same boat

When did you take out the 3 agreements with DLC added? A couple of months ago a change came in where you had to supply your cover note with every new agreement which was taken out, even if they had a photocopy of the cover note already.

It looks like we both have a big fight on our hands to reclaim OUR money!!!

When did you take out the 3 agreements with DLC added? A couple of months ago a change came in where you had to supply your cover note with every new agreement which was taken out, even if they had a photocopy of the cover note already.

It looks like we both have a big fight on our hands to reclaim OUR money!!!

Last agreement was taken out April of this year.

I think getting the DLC back should be easier than OSC as it obvious that if i would have been asked i would have said no you have the insurance on file.

This is were there claims of training to a high standard falls down as they keep quiet and add both sets of cover as a matter of course when i am sure they should point out that cover is added.

You would think its easy to claim it back, but as we have found out its not!

We have only ever had 1 agreement with DLC and that was the first one we took out, it was taken off when we handed in our covernote. Then all of a sudden we have DLC even though we have a valid covernote.. the area manager doesn't find that out of the ordinary!!!

Good luck with claiming it back!!

• 2 weeks later...