Economy 7 converting to Gas central heating

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

We are about to buy a property which has Economy 7 (I think with storage heaters, but I am not sure). We want to convert them to Gas Central Heating - does anyone know how expensive this is approximately? We know a man down the road has done it, so there are gas pipes... Are we talking small thousands or many thousands?

Thanks...

Hello

We are about to buy a property which has Economy 7 (I think with storage heaters, but I am not sure). We want to convert them to Gas Central Heating - does anyone know how expensive this is approximately? We know a man down the road has done it, so there are gas pipes... Are we talking small thousands or many thousands?

Thanks...

Depends on the size of house etc, ive got a friend who has recently paid approx £2300 for a full system in a 3 bed house, this was a so called govey job, using Gas men over a weekend.

The same job with British Gas would have cost him in excess £5500.

I would reccomend you shop around for a few quotes etc, if you live in the Yorkshire area i could forward you a contact.

Hope you get it sorted.

The retailers worst nightmare !

Thanks Big Boss man, that is really helpful

We are looking in Uxbridge - so not up north - but a helpful quote all the same. It is a very small end of terrace, 2 bed, so maybe will be less

Thank you for responding though!

No probs, sounds as though it will be cheaper for you too !

The retailers worst nightmare !