Jump to content

BAYV explained

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BAYV explained

  1. Hi, I am doing some research into a CLC (City Learning Centre) School Investment company in my local area. A friend who has helped came across an excel sheet detailing Barclays financial data. It is part of the directory below: Index of /bankinfo Can I ask where CAG got this data from?
  2. You could try Corgi as well: Home They might be able to offer you a guide price for what you want doing and possible further information.
  3. Hmmmmmmm i'm back again for another shot. Right in your initial post you mentioned: "There is no cancellation period stipulated in the terms and conditions I was sent." You will need to read the: The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 Having re-read the regulations I need to change my viewpoint slighty which might buy you more time. Please note, I am not a legal expert at all and this is just my interpretation of what it says (which is complicated). If you want definitive interpretation of the Statute you will need to go over the regulations with a f
  4. The definition of working days is: "working days" means all days other than Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. This is from the Statutory Instrument 2000 No. 2334 The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 The bit you are looking for is Section 11 part (2) which states: (2) Where the supplier complies with regulation 8, the cancellation period ends on the expiry of the period of seven working days beginning with the day after the day on which the consumer receives the goods. Hope that helps
  5. Unfortunately the period is 7 days which are covered by the Distance Selling Regulations. If you done it online they don't need a signature as it will be regarded as a electronic signature. As for what options you have? Unfortunately I can't see a way out of this without paying for the services. Hopefully someone else will be able to give you some help on what to do next.
  6. No problem. Will keep my fingers crossed it will do the trick. She might only get £300 of the £350 back as per the Banking Code but it is better than nothing.
  7. As for exact wording of the letter, sorry but i'm not very good at composing letters so I would check this for grammar and such: You need to fill the relevant details in including the ones in brackets. Hope this is of some help.
  8. Internet executed agreements would be covered under the Electronic Communications Act 2000 I would of thought. As for it holding up? I would of said it does. From the Communications Act 2000 7. Electronic signatures and related certificates In any legal proceedings— (a)an electronic signature incorporated into or logically associated with a particular electronic communication or particular electronic data, and (b)the certification by any person of such a signature, shall each be admissible in evidence in relation to any questio
  9. I am not a legal guru but as from my understanding of courts and the legal process, a court is there to adjudicate as no remedy could be found through negotiation before being in court. If you ignored them before going to court the Debt Collection company can state that they offered up communication for you to find remedy but you ignored contact. Depending on the Judge this might well work against you trying to plead your case in court. If you are positive it will end up in court I would enter into communications with the Debt Collection company. You don't have to agree to anything they wi
  10. My apologies I worded that incorrectly. I meant to ask which law is it that means that its unenforceable without a signature.
  11. Can I ask which law means its enforceable without a signature.
  12. Sorry to be a bearer of bad news but if it's in your contract and you signed it, I would guess legally speaking you agreed to it.
  13. Yeah unfortunately your options don't look too great I can't believe the attitude of the CAB woman, I would still give National Debtline (National Debtline – Free, Confidential Debt Advice – Call 0808 808 4000) they might throw up an idea we haven't thought of. Regarding how far through your payments? I make it that you have made 19 of 60 payments so far so around 1/3rd of the way through.
  14. From what I can gather they must get your consent for this. From Businesslink: Manage overtime Time off in lieu A question though: Was does your contract state? If it doesn't state that about overtime I would assume they are in breach of contract. You could try contact the Pay and Work Rights helpline Details here: Pay and Work Rights helpline : Directgov - Directories
  15. That is not something I could answer sorry. I did notice in the T&C's point 4. What was in the pre-contract information? Have you tried National Debtline and Citizens Advice?
  16. Yep agree with Maggie. It's not a HP agreement. If you did go down the sell the car route this is a guide to what your car is worth: 2006/06 Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Active 5d Valuation - Parker's As you can see the price varies in value depending on condition. You could ring up Fiat and inquire what the settlement figure would be at that time. Then you could compare the 2 amounts. My estimation is you would be between £750-£1750 down though. There is another 2 options. Option 1 I have seen others do this but you have to be extremely disciplined. You could sell
  17. Imagehost is the easiest and quickest one to use. ImageHost.org - Free Image & File Hosting The bit in the middle of the page where it has: File: **A blank white box** Choose... (in a grey box) Just underneath that there is "Upload More" click on that. It opens a new screen where you upload the pics like you need when you attached them before. Once you have selected all the pics click on "Upload" at the bottom. A new page will load with small pics of what you uploaded. Scroll down to the bottom and look for a box named: Forum Links Left click anywhere in
  18. Hi angeleyes, You can return goods bought on Hire Purchase at any time. National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 16 How To Deal With Hire Purchase Debt You need to sit down and work out whether you have paid more or less than the 50%. If you haven't you would need to pay the residual amount to make it up to the 50% of the original amount on your agreement. I would give the National Debtline a call just to check all your calculations. Something to be very wary of: If you end the agreement and give the car back I would advise ta
  19. Kazza I assume they have sent you a Penalty Charge Notice?? If that is what you received a Notice is not a bill or invoice of goods received or services rendered. It is the start of a process of communication. The actual definition in Law of Notice is: notice n. 1) information, usually in writing in all legal proceedings, of all documents filed, decisions, requests, motions, petitions, and upcoming dates. Notice is a vital principle of fairness and due process in legal procedure and must be given to both parties, to all those affected by a lawsuit or legal proceeding, to th
  20. serendip7 I can now see why you are in such a pickle. I HATE de-constructing Acts, it's a nightmare. I have looked at the: The Consumer Credit (Early Settlement) Regulations 2004 The Consumer Credit (Early Settlement) Regulations 2004 I assume you are talking about section 6: Basically yes it would mean the Creditor can defer the settlement date and get an extra payment. But....... I would say that would be a small price to pay depending on the rebate you get. Have you asked them for a settlement figure? If yes have you checked it? On the act
  21. Hi Sarah, I am going to play the role of the other sides defence at first. Sorry to have to do this but it is reality. On this point. Can you prove this in any way shape or form?? If HSBC does not have the original document you signed and you don't have a copy then there is no proof it ever existed in front of a Judge. I know that may sound harsh but looking at it objectively that would be the case sorry. The best way forward I can see for you is getting a copy of the CCA that HSBC do have on record. Then take that and sit down with someone at the Citizens Advice
  22. I would call her bluff. This gives a good basic guide: How to complain - How to solve problems with your landlord - Your rights - Which? Advice You have nothing to lose calling her bluff and everything to gain. Or you can go straight for taking her to a small claims court. Send her a letter stating you want the deposit returned in full within 14 days. If she doesn't start proceedings against her. There is a straight-forward site https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/ which allows you do a small claims online. Just follow the steps. This gives more info about mon
  • Create New...