• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

I've WON!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

addconga.gifaddconga.gifaddconga.gif

to you.

If you go to Moneycalim website, and e-mail their customer services, quote your case number, tell them defendant has settled in full and you wish to stop your claim.

DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY HAVE HAD THE MONEY!!!!

Have a great birthday, a great holiday. Very well done.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blindman

Yes.

You have to contact the Northampton court by fax\email\letter or phone to let them know.

The Halifax will do the same as well.

defendant chooses to pay the claim in full, including the court fees and costs

Claimant User Guide

Paying the claim in full

If the defendant chooses to pay the claim in full, including the court fees and costs, he will send or make payment direct to you. Once you are satisfied that any funds have cleared, you may wish to notify Money Claim Online that the claim has been paid in full. You can do this by either email, telephone, fax or letter.

If you have issued any enforcement proceedings and you receive a payment direct, you MUST inform the local court that is dealing with it.

That is fantastic news. Enjoy a worry free break for your anniversary, and treat yourself to something nice. When times are hard you have to go without so you deserve a treat.

Congratulations

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

why are you dealing with your branch, go straight for the top,as the branch have to go through them too, i have had all my statements, and i sent them a first letter asking for my charges back totalling £1262.00 they sent me an offer of £78.00 i sent them another letter threating court action, 3 days later i got a reply offering me a final offer of £273.00, and on both accounts they have said they reserve the right to close my account if it isn't handled properly. so to save time, deal with the head office and make sure all corespondence are recorded, it saves time. i now have to see what my next step is, so i am after advice myself now lol.

the letters i used are from govan law i found this by typing in bankcharges in the search engine, i recommend these letters to every one.

Andy

I hope you are all completing the survey ;-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/survey.php

It really does help to boost peoples confidence when they see how much people are getting back and at what stage.

Please complete it, if you have the time - it only takes a few seconds.

Cheers,

Dave.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Think I might have spoken to soon, just rang to see were me money is and guess what no one knows out about it, I would sit and cry if I didnt have the letter offering me the money, I know Ive asked this before but are these people thick or what.

Waiting for a call back as a matter of urgency ha ha ha.

Not really I could hold off for a while, but why should I? and why when I phoned this morning the guy in the call centre told me that a note had been put on my account on Friday to say refund to account due and the amount does nobody now seem to know anything, im still sitting waiting for the phone to ring it is so annoying.

I have just reminded them that court claim still active,

just got off phone with a claire England, customer relations, she said cut off point for money going in today was 3oclock, its now 7 mins past lol, mind you she kept me hanging on for 15mins, She gave me her personal gurantee that money will be there in morning, and I thought all they had to do was press a button, silly me.

cant belive how wound up they have got me, me needs a open a bottle me thinks.

they are paying me just sort of 3k which is all charges and court fees, not the interest which im sure I could of held out for, but im happy to get back whats mine.

although the money still isnt in my account this morning, gonna give them until lunch then tell them to forget it and go through the courts, im not having them **** me about.

Guest Lueeze

I would call them AGAIN! They cannot do this! Typical! They are holding your money that you could be gaining interest on.

just phoned and asked to speak to the person who made me the promise yesterday, Claire England was told that the dept didnt open until 9.30 on a wednesday, but managed to speak to her via a 3rd party, the message was the cashiers are dealing with it now, should be in account today, how long does it take for goodness sake.

Anyway im going away tomorrow night and if its not in by then im not cancelling the court claim so they will need to defend before im back.

Who are you phoning? When I got my letter, they gave me a number on it, which is 01422 333465, and got s/one who could actually give me answers straight away, and had the power to adjust and waive charges there and then. If you haven't got it yet, I'd suggest that number instead of the call centre, who won't know anything about your claim.

Edit: Sorry, posted this at the same time you were posting... Crossed lines...:p

Got impatient and phoned again using number bookworm gave me, spoke to a donna Goring who insisted i need to sign an acceptance form which I havent received yet, when I told her of the conversations I have had over the last couple of days she said she needed to look into it further and would ring me back, told her I wasnt happy about her ringing me back coz it never happens, I have told her that if she doent ring and the money isnt there I will persue through courts for full amount, OH WAIT A MO theres my phone, well donna as just phoned me back ( sorry I doubted her ) she promised before 2pm today and she will keep an eye on my account to see if it does. if anyone needs her direct number it is 01422326579 Donna Goring.

Will let you know what happens after 2pm, fingers and all that crossed.

You have to sign an acceptance form?????

Tell them that they'll have to sign the bloody court papers soon if they don't pull their finger out.

How dare they - YOU ARE SUING THEM! - not the other way around - who do they think they are????

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Actually, my real name is Cheryl.

It just winds me up that the banks STILL think that they are in control.

If they were suing you and you decided to pay up before going to court - and you asked THEM to sign an acceptance form, what do you think their answer would be?

In fact, I did send an acceptance form to Abbey - with 2 tick boxes on it - one for "I dispute the whole amount and wish the legalities outlined by the claimant to be tested in court." and the other "I accept the claimants argument and the cheque is in the post." (or words to that effect).

They, of course, ignored it, but did send a letter stating that the money would be on it's way.

I would have framed it if they'd actually completed it and sent it back, and put it the most important room in the house, just to laugh at every day.

------------

------------

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks