• Tweets

• Northmonk forget what I said about your Notice to Hirer being the best I have seen . Though it  still may be  it is not good enough to comply with PoFA. Before looking at the NTH, we can look at the original Notice to Keeper. That is not compliant. First the period of parking as sated on their PCN is not actually the period of parking but a misstatement  since it is only the arrival and departure times of your vehicle. The parking period  is exactly that -ie the time youwere actually parked in a parking spot.  If you have to drive around to find a place to park the act of driving means that you couldn't have been parked at the same time. Likewise when you left the parking place and drove to the exit that could not be describes as parking either. So the first fail is  failing to specify the parking period. Section9 [2][a] In S9[2][f] the Act states  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Your PCN fails to mention the words in parentheses despite Section 9 [2]starting by saying "The notice must—..." As the Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the Act,  it follows that the Notice to Hirer cannot be pursued as they couldn't get the NTH compliant. Even if the the NTH was adjudged  as not  being affected by the non compliance of the NTK, the Notice to Hirer is itself not compliant with the Act. Once again the PCN fails to get the parking period correct. That alone is enough to have the claim dismissed as the PCN fails to comply with PoFA. Second S14 [5] states " (5)The notice to Hirer must— (a)inform the hirer that by virtue of this paragraph any unpaid parking charges (being parking charges specified in the notice to keeper) may be recovered from the hirer; ON their NTH , NPE claim "The driver of the above vehicle is liable ........" when the driver is not liable at all, only the hirer is liable. The driver and the hirer may be different people, but with a NTH, only the hirer is liable so to demand the driver pay the charge  fails to comply with PoFA and so the NPE claim must fail. I seem to remember that you have confirmed you received a copy of the original PCN sent to  the Hire company plus copies of the contract you have with the Hire company and the agreement that you are responsible for breaches of the Law etc. If not then you can add those fails too.
    • Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lowell and Global Debt dilema

Blue Boo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so you set up a DD for £1 a month to global.and you have not changed it to payment to lowell

they passed it to lowell.they did not tell you that they were selling on.

and lowell did not introduce themselves as the new owners and tell you to pay them direct

and LOWELL had the payments of jan/feb/march.so global are passing the money to lowell.

your DD has still gone out from april to aug and LOWELL claim that they have not had it since march.

something stinks here more than the usual stench that surrounds lowell.

can you answer these ?

lets get these cretins kicked back under their stone

SAM

• Haha 2

Hi Sam,

I have tipped your scales, Thanx so much, It helps just to have someone to talk to!

Practically everything you have quoted is correct,me knows them well:p

Global have been paid £1 per Month without fault (i still have the letter from Global dated 29/10/2002 asking for the token payment)

The last letter from Global stating "we stongly advise you to telephone IMMEDIATELY on receipt of this letter to discuss the repayment of this debt" ( I ignored it as i made a complaint to them in March about bullying tactics)so they bin it off on lowell

The 1st letter from Lowell was to state"What happened? our records show you agreed to pay but for some reason stopped" and they quoted a Direct Debit number that niether my bank nor I had any knowledge of.very crafty.you did not agree to make payment to them.the DD number was theirs,thats how thick they are.

Lowells statment shows £3 in payments for Jan,Feb and March so Global must have passed on some payments, just not all.lets make it the last money they get.

and yep my DD's have gone out each month without fault.

would cancel as soon as.

I hope this answers all the questions? if not please let me know.

and Thank you so much (again)

you want to close it down now.

either cca request to lowell.they will huff and puff,offer a reduced f&f,then eventually give up.a little bit longer in your case as you have been paying:mad:

or letter to lowell,that i can do for you.get them to back off or else.

pm me if you want.

SAM

Hi Spitfire 650,

Thanks for your input I hope you're right, I ve been dealing with my debts for years now and would love to see the light at the end of the tunnel.(and the extra cash in my pocket)

Many Thanks

Sam,

Just a quick query for you, I have another account with global that i pay £10 per month ( I was bullied into this in March this year) can i change this back to the £1 if i send them an updated financial statement?

send cca request to them for this one.hopefully pay them nothing then if they do not obtain one.

if you can not afford £10.you tell them so.you pay what you can afford.and they have no rights to your financial situation:)

Cheers

Blue Boo

SAM

Cheer Sam

Wiil Do, Much appreciated - and saves me the cost of recorded delivery.:)and half way to saving all your money that you wont be paying to them:D

Hope you've had a good weekend.

Blue Boo

SAM

Edited by sam614
am thick

• 2 weeks later...
Sam- why all the secrecy with advice being given by PM?

not advice.it is personal info,to include in complaint letters.and general chit chat .nothing to do with lowell.

CAG works because info and advice is shared with all.

agree.but if i have helped with a personal letter of complaint about treatment .

op will not want personal feelings/treatment/etc put on over forum.

I do not want lowell trolls to see that it has not come from op,

I put any advice i can on the forum.but cant be expected to breach a confidence about personal issues.

and if i am asked in pm to help.what should i do say NO.

hi.:)

I would give them the chance to respond to the letter first.

let them give you the answers we asked for,a explanation of your treatment etc /and the private details we included need answers.

also.

why they sold it to lowell when you were paying.

why they then stopped forwarding the payments on,and kept them their selves.

causing more stress,when lowell started on the why have you stopped paying threats.

and main answer being..what they intend to do now it has been returned to them.

SAM

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, just an update here and the plot thickens, The 2nd account i had with Global was being paid every month for years. then out of the blue comes a letter from Lowell chasin for the same account and stateing that i had made payments to them and stopped. This was not the case so Sam 614 wrote a fantastic complaint letter for me to adapt a send to Global ( as we all suspected they had passed the account on and the payments) well today i got a reply to my complaint from Global. .........It states that Creation finance appointed them to collect on this account that they are nothing to do with the Lowell group and never have been, they have not passed this account to them nor my details and they can assure me that all payments made to them were sent to creation finance?????:confused:so creation ,not global.passed to lowell.do you want to ask them the same questions we asked global?

So now i am really confused. Lowells initial letter quotes creation finance but creation finance already have global paying them for this account?

Should i send the complaint letter to Creation Finance and a copy to Lowell? or what would be the best step to take? me thinks as above for creation.copy to lowell if you want,or forget these cretins,they have crawled back under their stone.Global have sent a form on how to complain to FOS which i will be doing!defo fill it in.

Any advice is welcomed:)

SAM

gave up many a time b4.

just beat you noomill060,managed 6 weeks once.

determined this time.

as you know father in law died on 7th sept.terminal throat cancer.and even seeing what he was reduced too,did not even give me the push.

that push was 19th aug.had let daughter(aged 14) to see him for the last time before he was to ill.

and going to school next day she,as kids do informed me that the jeans on her bed needed washing for that night.

cut a long story short.no jeans just a letter for me,saying how much see loved me.and did not want to see me like grandad.

can't even find the words to discribe how i felt.

just came down stairs and binned the lot.

SAM