Charge Amounts

matthewk1971
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, and thanks for the help you have given on this site, it's a godsend!

(And good luck to those of us still claiming!)

I am looking at claiming against the Abbey, about four years of charges, ranging from £60 a month upto £160 and more some months.

I have a quick question which I couldn't find in the FAQ and hope I am not asking someone to repeat themselves.

I understand the £12 limit set on charges, and my query is can I claim the entire charge back, or just the amount over the £12?

Thank you.

Welcome matthewk1971,

We're all claiming for the full amount, so join the club ;)

Make time to read all the FAQs and as many as the threads as you can, some really useful info and some very knowledgeable people out there, all willing to share.

Good luck :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Matthew

I think that the costs are as follows:

£120 for a claim up to £5k - £250 if you go over the 5k limit.

Then £100 if you need to fill in a n allocation questionnaire

I'm sure someone will put you right if I'm mistaken but this has been my experience so far

Good Luck

Elle

The £12 limit is (if I've got this right) a guideline for the credit card companies, above which it is unfair to charge. It doesn't yet apply to banks. What all the letters in the library are set up to say is "You've charged a grossly dissproportionate amount of money, please demonstrate to me why your charge is so high or give it back."

As the banks don't want to tell anybody how much it really costs them they will give it back (but they will try every trick in the book to make you give up before they do). So if they charged you £25, ask for £25 back.

As the others have said, so long as your total claim is less than £5000 it will go through the small claims track of a court, and you can claim all your expenses back. But do make sure you read the notes, FAQ's and as many threads as possible. If you make a mistake, it adds extra time and effort to what is already a long and drawn out process.

If money is the route of all evil, I must be a Saint

Thank you all for your help.

I will wait out my 14 days without holding my breath and then put in my claim.

This site is great, the help everyone gives and gets help people really feel they can take on the world of the big banks, thank you!

On the day my first 14 days expired I got a letter stating they would take 30 days to investigate, it went into my file and I sent the LPA anyway.

Good luck to everyone still claiming.