Go Debt - help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

just joined because i need some desperate help :(

ok this started about 24th july when i received a letter from go debt asking to get in touch with them about a debt. i rang about a fortnight later when i got home (wasn't home when letter arrived was away recovering from op).

apparently it's a debt from 2005 when my husband and i split and he took the car we had purchased (jointly) from yes car credit with him, he said he would take all financial responsibility for it and after speaking to him on the phone this is what he was aware of. go debt are saying i still owe my half and after several phone calls and getting them to send me a copy of the original agreement from ycc they have now in two days decided they are going to "We will now consider passing your details to our solicitors with a view to enforcing the debt as a whole by way of Statutory Demand in Bankruptcy, where further costs and possible interest may be applied."

what does this mean? we are trying to get advice from CAB but i have no paperwork here (stupidly i threw out the ycc stuff about 3 months ago as i had heard nothing since 2005 when they were quite happy to deal with just my ex after i returned them the spare key when they got in touch wanting to repossess the car).

i'm just about at my wits end and don't know what to do, please help.

Paula

still unsure as to what to do now ..... this is the latest communication i've had from them ... pasted in full (via email).

please, a simple 'ok you need to send ????' would be helpful

Dear Mrs XX,

Thank you for your recent e mail, the contents of which have been noted.

Our recent e mail to you clearly explains why you are liable for the remaining balance.

We will now consider passing your details to our solicitors with a view to enforcing the debt as a whole by way of Statutory Demand in Bankruptcy, where further costs and possible interest may be applied.

We trust this clarifies the position.

Yours sincerely

and the email i had sent was

Dear Mr Humphries,

Again I have been speaking with Mr XX and he will be phoning you at lunch time today.

I have asked him to write to you in relation to him being liable for the whole debt.

As far as i am concerened there is nothing more i can do about this matter until all the paperwork has been looked at by CAB or a solicitor, also 'Yes Car Credit' were quite happy with this agreement when they repossessed the car and i sent the spare keys back in June 2005.

Paula XX

Dont Ever Talk To These People On The Phone Or Email

Every Thing In Writing Now

Ime Posting In A Moment A Cca Request

They Have To By Law Send You Your Agreement With In 14 Days

The Agreement Will Be Bog Roll But Thats Another Story

Untill They Comply The Account Will Be In Dispute And They Can Do SFA

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

ok, will wait for that :)

just arrived in my 'inbox' i have been cc'd this as it was sent from my ex to go debt ......

Dear sir

As was explained to you by Mrs XX and by myself to the very nice gentleman who I first dealt with within your company that I was paying this debt off.

At no time during the period of my first and final payment did you contact Mrs XX asking her for any monies with respect to her half of the debt. Is this due to the fact that your company knew I was paying the debt off.

If not, then when final payment offers where made to myself why where these same payment offers not made to Mrs XX?

When I spoke to your representitive last week about my payments I was informed that my payments where taken off the full amount that was owed yet at no time was I informed that any final payment would only clear half of any outstanding monies and as all correspondance from yourselves was always addressed to both of us as one even though you knew that we were seperated and living at seperate addresses why would this final payment not do the same also.

I feel that your company has acted quite unfairly with this matter, and although I am prepared to carry on payments to yourselves I will be seeking legal aid with respect to your actions and putting a complaint to the financial ombudsman also.

Stuart XX

Ok Sit Down And Ill Give You The Full Sp On The Agreement

You Ready

its Crap/defunked/rubish

There Was Realy No Contest

I Knew All Along They Have As The Norm Included Any Deposit Or Trade In To Pay For The Ppi Etc

Not For The Purpose Intended, The Car

Kiss Go Debt Goodby:lol::lol::lol:

Ive A Letter For You To Send Them

Give Me 5 And Ill Get It

SEND GODEBT THIS BY RECORDED DELIEVERY AND WAIT FOR THE WHITE FLAG

after Having An Audit Of My Agreement , I Have Been Informed The Agreement Can Not Be Enforced

any Deposit Or Trade In Has Been Used For The Ppi Insurance, Not For The Purpose Intended.

as A Result The Agreement Is Unenforcable

if You Maintain The Agreement Can Be Enforced, I Will Have No Allternative To Turn The Matter Over To A Firm Of Solicitors Called Stevensons.

as You Have Had Prior Dealings With These Solicitors, Costs Now Become An Issue

i Expect Your Reply With In 14 Days