HMRC debt help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Jacky

The most important thing is to get in touch. They are far easier to deal with at the moment partly because of the current climate and I suspect partly because they have been told to be reasonable.

Next you need to realise that if you phone and you are polite and honest I do believe that you will be surprised at the response. If you can only afford £40 p month at present tell them that this is all you can afford. If they ask for more say that you would rather offer a figure you can pay than let them down and if you can afford more one month you will pay extra. I believe that they will accept but if not ask that they agree for 3 months and you will review it then but I doubt it will come to that.

Finally, if they agree as I am sure that they will make sure you pay when you say that you will and do not pay late or try and miss a month because you think you have got away with it. Stick to what I suggest and I believe that your problem will be solved.

Please let us know how you get on, perhaps we have answers about your other debts.

Pedross

Edited by pedross
  • Haha 1

I used to go into their office and speak to them face to face, some good, some bad, some totally out of order.

I remember I was at a Football match in Motherwell and noticed this guy, a Hearts supporter, like myself.

For some reason, I really did not like the guy, but could not work out why.

Acouple of days later, I remembered it was a guy from the Tax Office and he had spoken to me as if I had just stolen his jelly babies :p

I can't resist:

Well you do support Hearts!

Pedross:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jacky

Sorry my plan did not work but your past payment record is the reason. In my opinion now that Plan A has failed and we do not have a Plan B you would be better off trying to make the £77 payments. If you really cannot do that pay them a regular payment every month at the same time to prove that you are making an effort to pay.

The difference between what you want to pay and what they want you to pay is about £10 per week. Think of the things that you are spending money on currently, costing £10 per week, which are not essential and stop them for the next 5 months.

With regards to items belonging to your boyfriend they would not be able to touch those only items belonging to you.

If you have not been paying start paying it will help if they can see that you are not just playing for time.

You know what's ironic? I spent *all* afternoon trying to sort out this situation when I could've been earning about £50 towards paying off the debt :( But the upside is that I now have Payplan starting to work with me regarding my other credits (anything non-priority) which I'm hoping will help ease pressure there.

Thanks x

You have hit the nail on the head with that comment.

Its best to just get on with trying to earn money rather than sit worrying about why you can't pay the bills. That way you will soon get on top and that applies to all of us.

Regards

Pedross