Jump to content

Jacky202

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    141
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About Jacky202

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Sorry to hear you're having this trouble too! I've done as advised here, but not heard anything back yet from Nationwide complaints department or from the DCA. So still waiting to hear what happens next. Best of luck!
  2. Thank you very very much, Pinky69 and BB! That's great news about not needing to say much! I'm used to sending long letters, but on this subject I haven't a clue lol! Much appreciated for setting my mind at rest and advising on what to do next. Will get right on it
  3. Hi Pinky69! Thank you so much for your reply. That is very reassuring to hear that someone else agrees the credit agreement is unenforceable and the DN unlawful! I haven't been through this before - as you can probably tell OK, so... 1) should I not respond at all to CCSCollect (the debt collectors)? 2) Re the letter to Nationwide Complaints Dept: should I just say what you've said here and nothing else? Or is there a standard letter along these lines? Sorry - I have no idea what to say as it's all new to me! 3) Re the DCA - how do they relate to Nationwide? Again a newbie question sorry! And is this all I say too, or again is there a standard letter people advise to send? Well, my credit rating is trashed anyhow due to some serious financial problems recently - I'm paying my other credit card debts by £1-a-month token payments at the moment, so there's not much hope for a good credit rating for a while...! Thanks again, very much, for your reply
  4. Here are the pages they sent as my CCA. If someone could just check whether this is enforceable I'd be very grateful!
  5. I've been doing some scanning to give more info... Here's the letter from CCScollect today:
  6. Here is the full thread from the Nationwide forum (so you can see all the history), though I haven't had a response there recently and really need some advice if possible. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/198126-nationwide-cca-received-help.html Thanks again!
  7. Hi, I hope someone can help... Nationwide have recently contacted me through CCSCollect Debt Collectors saying that unless I pay the amount overdue on my credit card (nearly £5,000) or make an offer to pay acceptable instalments 'within the next seven days' (due around about now - I tried a thread in another forum but didn't get a reply) then they 'shall have no alternative but to take action through the County Court to recover the amount due together with court costs and legal fees'. Now this account has been in dispute for a year and I've barely heard from them in this time. I think they have only just perked up now because a different debt collection agency is contacting me about my Nationwide bank account since they pulled my overdraft facility but that's another story! The reason the account is in dispute is that I requested a CCA a year ago (May 2009). They sent me a signed 'agreement' and I posted about it here (in the Nationwide forum), and was told that it was unenforceable. I'll try to get a copy here as I would like someone to double check that before I go any further with this if possible. I sent them the 'I do not acknowledge any debt' and had a Default Notice from them (which someone has suggested may be questionable too - though again I'd like to check this). Have also had various letters from debt collection agencies (though not for months) offering reduced one-off payments to close the matter - which I've ignored as I don't have that kind of money available and because they apparently still haven't come up with an enforceable agreement. So... could someone help me know how to reply to this letter demanding payment or threatening court action? As part of me putting the account into dispute, one of the terms was that they should not pass on my debt. So does this mean they should not be threatening court action, demanding payment through CCSCollect? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer
  8. Hi, Nationwide have recently got back in touch with me about my credit card debt (about £4500). I requested a CCA about July last year. They sent the form I'd filled in for the credit card, but not what anyone here thought looked like a credit card agreement (see previous posts in this thread). I replied with a letter that Clemma posted here - saying I do not acknowledge this debt. Since I last posted there's been silence from Nationwide. Now they are contacting me through CCS Collect saying the following (typed as scanner out of action): 'Our client Nationwide Building Society has authorised us to recover the full amount due to them. We regret that if we do not receive this payment within the next seven days or an offer to pay by instalments that we are able to accept, we shall have no alternative but to take action through the Country Court to recover the amount due together with court costs and legal fees. If Court action is taken and Judgement and a Court Order is made against you to recover the sum due, we may need to ask the court to make the following orders if the debt remains unpaid: - Warrant of Execution. seizure and sale of moveable property by a Country Court bailiff - Attachment of Earnings. Deduction from your wages by your employer Payment options are set out overleaf or alternatively call us now on .... to pay or agree a repayment planwith us. Yours sincerely....' So my questions are: 1) How do I respond? Should I resend the original 'I do not acknowledge this debt' letter, but to CCS Collect this time? 2) Can I be sure that I'm in the right - that they don't have a proper agreement? I've not done this before and am rather nervous at the prospect of going to court. 3) Should they have got CCS Collect involved? Does this mean they have passed on my debt? I think someone said they wouldn't have the right to do that because the account is in dispute... or something... Hope someone can help as I'm quite worried.
  9. Hi, Nationwide have recently got back in touch with me about my credit card debt (about £4500). I requested a CCA about July last year. They sent the form I'd filled in for the credit card, but not what anyone here thought looked like a credit card agreement (see previous posts in this thread). I replied with a letter that Clemma posted here - saying I do not acknowledge this debt. Since I last posted there's been silence from Nationwide. Now they are contacting me through CCS Collect saying the following (typed as scanner out of action): 'Our client Nationwide Building Society has authorised us to recover the full amount due to them. We regret that if we do not receive this payment within the next seven days or an offer to pay by instalments that we are able to accept, we shall have no alternative but to take action through the Country Court to recover the amount due together with court costs and legal fees. If Court action is taken and Judgement and a Court Order is made against you to recover the sum due, we may need to ask the court to make the following orders if the debt remains unpaid: - Warrant of Execution. Seizure and sale of moveable property by a Country Court Bailiff - Attachment of Earnings. Deduction from your wages by your employer Payment options are set out overleaf or alternatively call us now on .... to pay or agree a repayment plan with us. Yours sincerely....' So my questions are: 1) How do I respond? Should I resend the original 'I do not acknowledge this debt' letter, but to CCS Collect this time? 2) Can I be sure that I'm in the right - that they don't have a proper agreement? I've not done this before and am rather nervous at the prospect of going to court. 3) Should they have got CCS Collect involved? Does this mean they have passed on my debt? I think someone said they wouldn't have the right to do that because the account is in dispute... or something... Hope someone can help as I'm quite worried.
  10. I think I'm going to call the tax office today and ask that they agree I will pay the amount in full by the end of December, but to please not insist on the £77/mth plan because my work is very up and down. For example I have no money spare right now, but in two months when I'm paid for this job I ought to have enough money to clear most of the debt. Wonder if they'll go for that! I actually doubt it, but it's worth a try. Wish me luck trying to get through to them! x
  11. Lol I know what you mean but in this instance I was spending the hours trying to get in touch with the tax office (being on hold forever then being cut off ) and talking to the CAB, CCCS and Payplan and getting action set up with Payplan for dealing with my other creditors. But yes an hour or so was spent just worrying, because I couldn't get through to anyone by phone because it was lunch time. All in all I spent 4 or 5 hours on all this yesterday. I agree totally - just worrying about the situation is a waste of valuable time when we could be earning. Totally agree with that and that's a trap very easy to fall into - as I know But my point is that it takes *so* long to make progress with trying to clear up the mess - trying to phone people, research how best to approach the creditors, learn the rules, and then write letters, go to post office, etc etc. It all takes time that could be spent earning money. And just so they can run you round and round in circles, having to argue every point - agh! Lol that's my rant on the subject. I guess it would have been much simpler to have somehow worked out how to pay my bills in the first place... or to have not got into debt, but you live and learn eh! Thanks though - I do know what you mean! x
  12. Not your fault at all. It took me by surprise when the woman from the inland revenue said this on the phone. Ok I haven't paid on time in the past but they haven't ever sent demands like this before. I guess that doesn't make any difference though - if it's late it's late. Thanks for breaking it down like this. I hadn't thought of that. At the moment I don't have any non essential payments, so I'm just going to have to try and drum up an extra £10/wk business... My only other option is to agree to pay the lump sum by end of December (which is their aim to clear the debt by then). I have a job I'm working on now that will pay in 2months that *should* in theory cover this bill. However, that's banking on no other financial hiccups in the meantime and my other work coming in and paying as they should (which is a gamble). That is good to know. I have started paying, but they're simply not interested I'm really surprised at that and also that no company (CAB, CCCS or Payplan) are able to help liaise etc. They won't touch the situation and basically have told me I'm on my own! I have one last option and that's something called Business Debtline. I tried to call them as soon as I heard about them but they were constantly engaged - it was 4.30pm by then so I guess everyone was trying to catch them. Will try again tomorrow just to see what they say. You know what's ironic? I spent *all* afternoon trying to sort out this situation when I could've been earning about £50 towards paying off the debt But the upside is that I now have Payplan starting to work with me regarding my other credits (anything non-priority) which I'm hoping will help ease pressure there. Thanks for your advice. It wasn't your fault at all that it couldn't be followed in this case. I imagine they're looking out for something to trip me up with, and I gave them an excuse on a plate. Oh and I checked and the letter I sent them about my financial circumstances *DID* arrive! I sent it recorded and it's marked as received on the tracking service!!! Nice! Thanks x
  13. OK well I've just been on the phone to CAB and Payplan and neither can help with the inland revenue situation! CAB have no appointments until Sept so referred me straight to Payplan or CCCS. Payplan apparently aren't able to deal with priority debts. They said I have two choices, either keep telling them I can only afford £30/mth and hope they listen or borrow the money from somewhere and pay the amount they're insisting on (£77/mth)! Is this really all I can do? I don't want to risk them coming to the house and wanting to itemise everything because I don't want to lose my car! And I don't want my boyfriend's things to be at risk! I can pay them over time and my situation is improving, but I just can't pay what they're asking yet. I'm feeling extremely pressured to just say 'OK I'll pay it' but I know that's a promise I can't keep... Help! Thanks x
  14. I've received a letter today from HMRC stating that I've failed to respond to their request for payment. I sent them the letter explaining my financial circumstances but they haven't received it (I need to dig out the receipt as I sent it recorded....) The letter said that if I don't reply in 48 hrs of receiving the letter then they will make arrangements for someone to come to my house and list my contents and sell to auction to recover the debt... So I called them, said about the letter I'd sent offering a payment plan of what I can afford and they said this was *too low*! I have offered them £30/mth. They said I can keep paying that amount but they will have to continue action against me unless I agree to £77/mth for the next 5months (i.e. until my next self-employed amount in January will be required). They said they particularly won't accept my £30/mth because I have a bad payment history with them - i.e. always paid late. And these past late payments aren't related to the current economic climate... So basically it's pay the higher monthly amount or I'm screwed : Please help asap as I need to call them back to agree something. Could Citizen's Advice Bureau change their minds at all? Thank you x
  15. Doh! yes PPI - I don't have that and if I had had it they would have stopped it now. Re the list, I thought I had heard that said before which was part of the reason why I didn't send it to them. Glad to hear it's not essential! Thanks again x
×
×
  • Create New...