Overseas fraud claim (HSBC)

hadyanth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya hadyanth long time no see :) hope your well.

I think you pretty much nailed the letter to HSBC fraud department with your first post, clean it up a little and take out any emotion :rolleyes:, add in any dates and exact locations/times etc and send it off to them.

I think at this stage you should refer to all three incidents because they all have a baring on what has happened to your card details.

Unfortunately if the bank in the DR insists it paid the money out, you cant prove them wrong but it looks like they are the source of your problems.

pete

• Haha 1

That looks fine Haddy :) and they can check all of the transactions, even your friends after they used the same ATM so I think you have blown their “If it is a choice between your word and the word of a bank then HSBC will accept the bank as truthful over you” statement out of the water.

the DR is a very poor country and you have to be very careful there, I think the bank itself is probably sound but it only takes one employee :rolleyes:.

I know on one trip while I was there the taxi driver took out a hand gun and had it on the seat next to him because of "bandits" but when your in the back of a taxi on dark country roads you do wonder who is the bandit :cool: fortunately I had a good man :).

pete

• 1 month later...