ME v A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow, have been reading all the blurb and am now proceeding with a claim against A&L.....

They bounced a DD recently in one of my accounts.....this led to me being overdrawn for longer than 5 days (I am on benefits)....I was then charged £50 for being overdrawn......spoke to the bank about it and they said "I know its difficult but you will now be charged another £25 as it has gone on longer than 5 days)

received my next statement and found was charged another £50!!! grrrrr!

This went on for another two months and went into my bank branch where they were lovely but then explained to me that actually they are only really qualified to answer the phone!

Spoke to their credit control office....the woman there said I could pay the amount off in installments but they would close ALL my accounts......(this was on a friday afternoon - so I wouldn't have access to any money)

They haven't but have did close one of them........

I haven't been able to food shop properly now for three months because of these leeches....have lost a stone in weight...(which is propably a bonus! lol) but have left me struggling to support 3 kids......

Wish me luck

• 8 months later...

Used template letter asket for a list of charges they had taken over six years they instead sent me six years statements but I went through them isolated the charges to be sent a letter from them saying credit card accounts only that they would not repay charges on current account as they deemed them to be fair. Have posted under elf to see what to do now you should watch my post cause it may be helpful 4 u.:cool: