Charles Bacon

insomniac
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have written a few emails to him, and although I get "read" receipts he never replies.

One email I sent was asking for the refunds, and telling him that if it comes to it I would be filing a claim in the small claims court.

I explained that if this happend then I would be claiming interest and the court fee's meaning that Nationwide would be losing more money.

I thought this seemed pretty fair, but obvisiously he doesnt care or maybe he likes the court action. Which is pretty stupid in my opinion, I was saying that "you owe me £410.50 in charges, I will accept a refund of £400 to settle it quickly and amicably" but he didnt reply, so now im claiming for £450 odd plus court fees.

MoneyClaim must be raking it in with the amount of claims going through them at the moment!

Nationwide:

DPA Letter sent 10th May, Received 1st June, calculated approx £330 charges, Prelim to sent soon.

Egg

£60 Charges - Pre Letter sent 23rd May, declined refund,

Halifax

£39 Charge - Pre Letter sent 23rd May, Halifax have agreed to refund the £39

yip i sent a similar e-mail with no reply :)

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.

The thing is, and I am playing Devils advocate here - firstly he must be extremely busy. Secondly, I am sure that Nationwide get threatened a lot with court action but not everyone goes through with it. In fact, I gather that the actual summons to threatening is quite low. If they settled before moneyclaim stage for everyone who threatened it, I bet they would be worse off than what they are having to pay the additional costs. So from a business point of view they are probably doing the best thing.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Well I think they are just making themselves more work, people who are using this forum are not going to back down, and they are prepared to go all the way.

Do think he is smoked or unsmoked?

I do love a good BLT.:)

Nationwide:

DPA Letter sent 10th May, Received 1st June, calculated approx £330 charges, Prelim to sent soon.

Egg

Halifax

Well I think they are just making themselves more work, people who are using this forum are not going to back down, and they are prepared to go all the way.

:)

I disagree. I could name you, off the top of my head, a dozen people who threatened action and then, for whatever reason, decided not to go ahead with it. People who are claiming back are not just from this forum - there are people who read things in the press and decide to go for it having never come across us. Yes, people using this forum are more likely to go ahead with the claim but not everyone will. So if you have 10 people claiming and only 5 actually take it to the court stage, Nationwide are better off having not settled before then.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

I very much doubt that it's up to him who he pays and who he doesn't pay. Nationwide have a policy, he is at the end of the day just an employee, his position means that he signs the legal paperwork and thats about it.

Then why is he's email given?

If he's not the right person to be emailing?

Any if your reading Charles, get to work on my moneyclaim, I did warn you and now your gonna have to fork out court fee's.

Totally unecessary, can't wait for you to close my accounts aswell.

Fantastic!

Nationwide:

Egg

Halifax

Any if your reading Charles, get to work on my moneyclaim, I did warn you and now your gonna have to fork out court fee's.

Totally unecessary, can't wait for you to close my accounts aswell.

Fantastic!

:D:):D

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

8/8/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent