You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

notranati

notranati....Help with First Trust please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3976 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi good people of the forum,

I write to you in distress... I got into debt with first trust back in 2004 and started to fall behind on my loan repayments and my current account fell into the red because of the bank charges for letters etc. I couldn't pay back the money I had borrowed and defaulted in 2006, like a lot of people I put my head in the sand hoping they would go away. They didn't. I went to citizens advice and they sorted everything out for me and the bank, as far as I am aware, agreed to freeze the interest and agreed to a repayment plan that I could afford.

Last year I wanted to get things sorted so I rang FT and they said that my debt was £375 I couldn't pay it then and I also had other debts that were bigger and needed paying off first so I left it knowing that the repayment plan was still in effect. I rang FT the other day to finally pay off the debt and got rather a nasty shock. They are claiming that I now owe them £1404??? My 'account manager' also said that the account is also gathering interest???

I am confused and worried, could this be right?

Unfortunately I did not get written confirmation last year of the amount I owed them and they are saying there is no 'record of the conversation'.

I am going to write to them and ask for all my statements. I just don't understand how the debt could have risen so high, could it be fraud?

If any one has any advice I would be truly grateful.

thanks in advance

Hello and Welcome, notranati.

I'll move your post and mine to start a new thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Cheers maroondevo

Does any body have any template letters for asking for your statements?

is there a protocol involved? or do you just write asking for what you want?

Cheers

Hi,

You could use this Subject Access Request, send it with a £10 postal Order, recorded.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca

This should let you know the score regarding charges that have been added ect, you should then think about claiming these charges back.

Regards.

Scott.

Hello again,

So I wrote to First Trust using the template letter and sent it 42 days ago by recorded delivery. I have not received anything back from them, so I am just wondering what the next step will be?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I finally got my documents through from the bank. However the statements only go up to April 2009. So I am missing May June and July, I will send another letter telling them this using template 2 (provided by the forum). Also there is is a note of interest charged attached for the period of March 2009 to April 2009 of £200????? and it has a dollar sign in front. I am somewhat confused and worried about the amount of interest in one month!

I am going to go to Citizens advice about this.

Please help!!!!