Wescott and Mackenzie Hall credit search

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

I have recently started trying to clean up my credit file by looking at Experian and Equifax. All seems OK on Experian, except for a CCJ which I have now satisfied and had marked as such.

However, on Equifax under the Table 1 credit searches I have a list of 5 searches carried out at my former address. 1 is carried out by Wescott and another 4 by Mackenzie Hall. All have slightly different versions of my name, for instance some use just an initial and surname, others my first name and surname, others full first name, middle initial and surname.

I have never had any letters from these people and never authorised them to do a credit check on me.

What can I do about it? 2 of them go back over a year and the other 3 are more recent, Jan and Feb this year, but nothing after that. The search reason is listed as 'outstanding debt'. Not good as I dont think I owe money!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening, and I am glad to be part of the team!:-)

Hi Everyone!

I have recently started trying to clean up my credit file by looking at Experian and Equifax. All seems OK on Experian, except for a CCJ which I have now satisfied and had marked as such.

However, on Equifax under the Table 1 credit searches I have a list of 5 searches carried out at my former address. 1 is carried out by Wescott and another 4 by Mackenzie Hall. All have slightly different versions of my name, for instance some use just an initial and surname, others my first name and surname, others full first name, middle initial and surname.

I have never had any letters from these people and never authorised them to do a credit check on me.

What can I do about it? 2 of them go back over a year and the other 3 are more recent, Jan and Feb this year, but nothing after that. The search reason is listed as 'outstanding debt'. Not good as I dont think I owe money!

Thanks for listening, and I am glad to be part of the team!smile.gif

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for listening, and I am glad to be part of the team!smile.gif

They are trying to track you down, or someone with a very similar name. I have had problems with these muppets in the past and I hate the fact the CRA seem to allow these vermin to search your report.

However, it seems if you pay the fee Equifax let you do what you like.

Take heart though, these searches have NO IMPACT on your credit score (even if they are there for six years). I am sure the vermin just to it because

A) They want to trace you and

B) They want you to ring them up and ask why they are appearing on your credit report.

They then have contact with you.

And the latest score is...

DCA's 0 v Coasters 2

It would appear we have similar problems:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/205604-dcas-wantonly-searching-my.html

these searches have NO IMPACT on your credit score (even if they are there for six years

My searches appear under Table 1, searches relating to credit application, therefore my fear is that they will affect my credit rating. I also heard that credit searches stay on file for 1 year, and debt tracing stays on file for 2 years.

Either way, I think it's appalling that these DCAs are allowed to dip into our files at will! We should always be asked to consent to such searches, surely? And the CRAs should require proof of the debt before they allow access.

I'd really loveto know there is anything to be done about this. I'd like to have the searches removed, obviously, but I'd like to know this can be stopped from happening again, to me or to anyone else. Seems to me that we have far too little power over who controls and accesses our data.