Court papers

dazzasimm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just filling out my N1 claim papers and wanted to ask about the civil court fees. My claim is for £4495.00 of charges and £1175.05 of interest bringing a total of £5670.05. My question is which court fee do i have to pay? Is it £108.00 as my charge total is £4495.00 ( being under the £5000.00 limit ) or the £225.00 fee as my total with interest is £5670.05 Hope this is clear!:cool:

Dazza vs Lloyds #1 £4350:D

Dazza vs Lloyds #2 £1495:D

Dazza vs Lloyds PPI £1200:D

Ok thanks. Would it be possible now for me to adjust which charges i am claiming back to bring the claim with interest to under £5000 or would i have to redo all the letters again? Its just that paying out £225 for one claim and then £85 for the other is alot at moment. Also i read somewhere that if i lost the claim i would have to pay the banks fees if i was claiming over £5000 but not if i was claiming under £5000. Is this correct?

Edited by dazzasimm

Dazza vs Lloyds #1 £4350:D

Dazza vs Lloyds #2 £1495:D

Dazza vs Lloyds PPI £1200:D

Yes, just remove your oldest few charges to keep it under the £5K. No need to do revised letters.

Do double check your calculations though, just in case you have made an error somewhere for a few hundred pounds and this pushes you over the £5K. I do not like the idea of the banks getting away with any charges.

It is not a hard and fast threshold, but generally > £5K pushes you into the Fast Track and exposure to the banks legal costs.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.