Combined Parking Solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am currently at the FINAL DEMAND stage with a letter from a debt recovery firm.

I have got the general gist of what is said on here but before I came across all of this I did write to tell them how outrageous this all was etc, etc. They wrote back saying the usual stuff, i.e. tuff! I felt I had to write them as I was in a borrowed works van and didn't want hassle from that angle too.

The demand is now £170 odd and wondered if I should do anything further now? The letter I wrote obviously states I was the driver, but I did NOT see any no parking signs (cos there are none) just this stoopid Contractual Agreement that was on the other side of the vehicle I parked up. If I didn't see this how can it be a legally binding contract?

Should I write a 'cease and desist' letter now?

Regards

BVM

depends what you said in that letter...

A basic moan regarding the lack of 'No Parking' signs, I was only gone a short while... therefore perhaps admitting I had parked there. That I wouldn't contest, I have to say. I did park there but I did not notice the sign from the drivers side of the van, so I would argue that I cannot enter into a contract if I haven't seen their sign?

Cheers

BVM

The signs that were obscurred that you never saw whilst you were there? You saw this 'contractual agreement' after the event on a different day, or did CPS tell you what this none existent contract said in their reply?

The signs that were obscurred that you never saw whilst you were there? You saw this 'contractual agreement' after the event on a different day, or did CPS tell you what this none existent contract said in their reply?

I got back to the van and saw the 'ticket' stuck to the window. I thought 'oh crap. what the hell is that all about?' It was then that I looked around for a closer look at any signage and spotted the 'contractual agreement' sign. At first I dismissed that was anything to with my predicament as it didnt seem to be anything to do with parking! I later looked at their sample signs on the CPS website that it dawned on me that these were in fact the 'No Parking' signs I had so diligently checked for in the first place!

I just didn't see these prior to getting a ticket.

Regards

BVM

Just leave it. Contractual sign is baloney anyway.

I was beginning to think this was the best thing to do. It would be quite good to see if I could take them on in court anyway!! :twisted:

Thanks Al27

BVM