ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Allan Eshuijs, Manuel Reuter & Yann Peifer - the rights owners of the song. Extremely random!!

Not sure if the above is right, I have just been on the internet and it states that UMTV/AATW are the UK owners of this material. Have ACS law just made this up ???. Possibly trying to pull at fast one, obtaining money through deception now.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do we need to use 'complicated' words in the Letter of Denail and make it sound professional? I might need to get someone else to write this up.

What advice will the CAB give me? I don't want to go down there and be told the same thing the community here are advising..

I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I know a LOD is the recommended route, however, has anyone ever ignored the letters and what was the outcome?? I am currently agonising over what to do and I will surely not sleep tonight. There goes my saturday...

Guest arnolda

I too have just received a letter today, exact same song, company saying I downloaded it in October 2009. I plan to send a letter back denying it, has anyone ever had any similar experiences, do they keep hassling you?

tks

I think all of the advice on this forum is never just ignore them, they could take it as an admission of guilt, send a LOD. You put yourself in a much better position by doing so, if this ever went further (which is very unlikely). Does anyone know if there is a template for a second LOD out there ?. If not I will just have to do my own.

Guest arnolda

cheers zero_flight - glad in a way that lots of people have had a similar letters, cos they are not going to pursue individual cases if they have 'mailshotted' that many people, surely. If you find a template please post it up here if poss. Not too good on the legal jargon. cheers

I have also recieved today the same 10page letter with a copy of a court letter dated 17/02/2010, iam now considering either ignoring or going down the same path as others and sending a LOD, i have 21 days?

I have also recieved today the same 10page letter with a copy of a court letter dated 17/02/2010, iam now considering either ignoring or going down the same path as others and sending a LOD, i have 21 days?

Like I said in my last post never ignore them, send one LOD making it very clear that any further letters will be considered as harassment. What I do find very strange is that the new batch of letters appear to have the same court order as letters sent out in April. I query why has it taken so long for these letters to be sent. The court order, I already have expressed that I do not think that it is legitimate. It makes you think how on earth can this firm be taken seriously.

Guest arnolda

just been re-reading the letter. the court order doesn not mention me at all, it is between my ISP and the Copyright owner - is this the same for everyone.

Probs a stupid question, I do not know much about these things at all.....

Anyone????

Guest arnolda

I am on sky, how about you lot?

has anyone ever heard of anything like this actually going to court if denied by the accused?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks