HSBC CCA info please

azdom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Im new to this but Im after some info. I have credit card debt with HSBC and have entered a repayment plan with the consumer credit counselling service (CCCS). My only income is a disability pension which is paid in GB pounds and I live in the US. As the exchange rate has gone against me my spending power has reduced by at least 25% and I'm really stuggling to pay the small amount I pay via CCCS.

I took this Credit Card out in 1998 and am interested in finding out if this debt is enforcable.

Just to get a feel for this process can anyone tell me if HSBC CCA's from 1998 are normally uneforceable or is this rare.

Many Thanks

Hi Azdom , welcome to the forum :)

There are a couple of options here I think :

1. You could apply to the CCCS to reduce your payment to an amount you can comfortably afford , citing the exchange rate and credit crunch as the reason for the application .... or

2. You can send a CCA request to them to confirm they have a workable agreement to enable them to collect l.e. is it enforceable . Letter 'N' on the link below is the one you want .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Or of course , you can do both - it wouldn't hurt either way .......:)

And by all means come back and ask if you need more help - someone will answer , and we're user-friendly on here ........ :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Thanks jonnymitch for the info.

I have already reduce the payment through CCCS to 25 pounds per month and as I have about 15k in debt, I can never pay it off.

In your experience, are 1998 CCA's normally unenforceable or is this rare.

Thanks again.

In your experience, are 1998 CCA's normally unenforceable or is this rare.

There have been a few azdom - I wouldn't say it's rare .... depends on each individual case really , if you don't ask them to produce , you'll never know :cool:

They have 12 + 2 days (maybe a touch more as it's from the States ) to comply , then if they don't the account is 'In Dispute ' and action should be frozen until the dispute is resolved ...

Don't forget to send £1 and don't put a normal signature on anything .... vary it slightly so if it 'lnadvertently appears on a document you can identify it .

:rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Most of the financial institutions were sloppy in 1998, a mixture of poor staff training and the certain knowledge that they were invincible, no one questioned banks... oh how times change :D check every detail and I'm sure you will find something thats not right :)

pete

OK, So I guess its worth asking for the CCA. If/when I get it can I post it on here and get your opinion?

Thanks so much for your help, I feel like Im looking into a big dark uncertain hole!

You've got support now ,azdom - come back and ask , no problem.......:)

Nemo me impune lacessit