Fitness First and C.A.R.S.

fav123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone got advice on dealing with either of these two companies? I thought I had cancelled/transferred a membership from one gym to another and am getting conflicting information from personnel at both gyms. Next thing I get text messages and calls from a company called CARS and according to my reading on the hundreds of complaints on websites about these companies, that is a debt collecting company.

I've taken advice from Consumer Direct and am posting a letter to Fitness First this morning, recorded delivery as apparently a favourite ploy is to deny receipt of correspondence.

Just wondered if anyone has advice on how to stop the situation from going further. I really don't need this kind of harrassment. I find it intimidating and really quite scared of someone turning up on the doorstep. Any advice gratefully received.

Hi and welcome

Our first piece of advice is to stop talking to any of these people (not Consumer Direct).

Confirm to them that you will only discuss this matter through letters.

I know that it can be worrying that someone MAY turn up at your doorstep, but IF they do just tell them to go away (please is optional, but not required!).

Re-take the high ground as you say, by sending any correspondence RD at present.

I personally have no knowledge of CARS but I am sure someone will be along soon that does.

These kinds of companies are good at intimidating people, but they have no powers at all.

• Haha 2