• Tweets

• Much appreciated for the ammendment. The snottier the better right!   What I am assuming is that this response is to be posted to Gladstones? However, I am seeing some users sending this as an email instead, which is a little confusing.  If we're happy with this response, what would you suggest is the best way to send it over to them (post/email), and is there anything additional I could include (if necessary)?  Thanks again! 
    • Hi @BankFodder I've read through other threads to better inform me of the process from here onwards. When I put in the MoneyClaim it gave me a claim number and it currently says to wait for the defendant to respond, they have until 7 August.  It seems their most likely action is to extend that a further 14 days to about 21 August - this hasn't happened yet, of course, as it is only 27 July but I'm anticipating that may be the case. So when the expected defence action is taken by EVRi I will need to submit DQ with these responses A1 - no mediation B - my contact details C1 - yes to the small claims track D1 - No.  If No please state why.  I believe the defence will provide some rebuttal to the particulars of claim and so I need to include details as to why the claim requires a hearing.  Is there some certain templated text I can include here or will it vary depending on what the defendant comes back with? I see on the form it mentions the following: Relevant reasons include that there are factual disputes which will need the judge to hear from witnesses directly or the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally.  Hoping to reach out to see what may be the most effective statements for D1 reasoning. E1-5 are pretty straightforward. I want to get ahead of things and be ready to take the next step so I appreciate what advice you may have about the DQ.  Thanks!  
    • Rachel Reeves is set to reveal a public finances shortfall of billions on pounds after a snap audit.View the full article
    • Hi What they have asked in what you have highlighted isn't unusual at all as Councils have numerous different departments that deal with specific different areas within that council. So if what you are asking in your DSAR is say specific to Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Planning Permission etc then just let them know that specific area. On the other hand if you want every bit of DATA they hold on you then simply tell then ALL DATA they hold on you it's them up to then to go through all depts to check for it. 
    • A growing number of couples are booking a content creators to capture their special day.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in need of advice about a PPI that I had refunded in August, 2007. I have a loan with Lloyds which they refunded the PPI which I received as a cheque. The loan is still in existence. The problem is the loan at that time was unenforceable and stayed that way until September 2008 when suddenly they produced the credit agreement. No problem there is alway the chance that this could happen. However the problem is they did not acknowledge the repayment of the PPI and have kept the loan at the amount with the PPI and have kept adding the interest on to the loan throughout the period of unenforcement. I spoke to LLoyds and they stated that I HAD TO PAY THE PPI BACK!!!

I wrote to the CEO personally asking him to investigate and send me the correct balance. I included loads of evidence proving my case. He did not have the manners to reply but I recieved a snotty letter from Customer recovery stating that it was my responsibity to pay the refunded PPI back to my loan!! This was my money and I decided what was donewith it. I was living on IS through long term sick leave and needed money to feed and keep myself. I retired in January 2009 and had not worked at all from 2007 through ill health. This they were aware of even though they have denied it.

Does anyone have advice on:

The formula for working out the true balance of my loan, which is inthe hands of DCA now.

LLoyds reply to my letter does not even acknowledge the unenforced period which has added a not too small amount of interest.

I have also contacted the FOS about these issues. I am a pensioner now and have offered the minimum required by law. This they and DCA have totally ignored.

I would really appreciate some advice on this.

Regards:confused::(

Hello Thomas,

welcome to the ppi forum:)

I am in need of advice about a PPI that I had refunded in August, 2007. I have a loan with Lloyds which they refunded the PPI which I received as a cheque. (can you please explain how they came to refund the PPI?) The loan is still in existence. The problem is the loan at that time was unenforceable (please explain on what grounds it was unenforceable?) and stayed that way until September 2008 when suddenly they produced the credit agreement. (Is the credit agreement enforceable and is it applicable to your loan? Do you have evidence of the PPI refund with appropriate documentation?) No problem there is alway the chance that this could happen. However the problem is they did not acknowledge the repayment of the PPI (surely there must be a record of the cheque you received within your bank statements) and have kept the loan at the amount with the PPI and have kept adding the interest on to the loan throughout the period of unenforcement. I spoke to LLoyds and they stated that I HAD TO PAY THE PPI BACK!!! (Now why if they have refunded the PPI for whatever reason and the payment was by cheque and that cheque will be recorded within you bank statements would they suddenly turn around and demand the PPI back?)

I wrote to the CEO personally asking him to investigate and send me the correct balance. I included loads of evidence proving my case. He did not have the manners to reply (banker remember) but I recieved a snotty letter from Customer recovery stating that it was my responsibity to pay the refunded PPI back to my loan!! This was my money and I decided what was donewith it. I was living on IS through long term sick leave and needed money to feed and keep myself. I retired in January 2009 and had not worked at all from 2007 through ill health. This they were aware of even though they have denied it. (without knowing all the full details of your case it would seem you have been repaid PPI and because they see you have a period of sickness they recall the PPI that has been refunded).

Did you make any claim on the PPI during your sick absence between 2007 and 2009?

The more information you can provide the more advice you can get from cag

Does anyone have advice on:

The formula for working out the true balance of my loan, which is inthe hands of DCA now.

LLoyds reply to my letter does not even acknowledge the unenforced period which has added a not too small amount of interest.

I have also contacted the FOS about these issues. I am a pensioner now and have offered the minimum required by law. This they and DCA have totally ignored.

I would really appreciate some advice on this.

Please find information on DCAs here...

Debt Collection Industry

aa

• Haha 1

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello Thomas,

Please find information on DCAs here...

Debt Collection Industry

aa

Hi Alanalana,

Thank you for your reply. I will answer your questions as best I can.

Lloyds agreed that the PPI was missold on the 16th August, 2007 and refunded September 2007 .They actually refunded the PPI from three loans, two of which were fully paid leaving this loan still active. This is the statement put in their letter:

'To help me fully investigate your concerns I requested a statement from the sellers at ..........branch who sold the loan protection. Unfortunately the staff members no longer work there and therefore I am unable to establish what was discussed at the sale.

I would therefore like to offer you full refund of premiums plus interest on all three loans."

They sent a copy of the agreement in August, 2008.

In the latest letter I received in response to my complaint to their CEO in February 2009 they agreed that they had refunded the premiums but they expected me to pay it back into the loan.!! They did not mention this when they refunded.

Lloyd's had declined every application for PPI I sent them for my monthly loan instalments in January, 2007 and March 2007 when on sick leave.

I insisted that the PPI portion of the loan be refunded in cash.

The credit agreement became unenforceable 42 days after the 29th May, 2007 as a copy of the credit agreement had not been provided regardless of three requests to Lloyds.

They sent a copy of the agreement in August, 2008 when I received demands for the repayment of the loan.

All I am asking is that they acknowledge that the loan is now for loan without the PPI. My understanding is that the PPI refunded has been repaid to me in cash and therefore should be taken from the total of my repayments thereby leaving a balance which should be taken from the loan without the PPI.

My formula?

example: Loan with PPI 3000pounds = PPI 1000pounds refunded. Loan now 2000pounds

Payments made 2000pounds, minus 1000pounds (refunded PPI), balance left 1000pounds.

I just required them to acknowledge the changes to the loan agreement and send me a correct and upto date balance as I am not sure if I have calaculated it properly now as I don't want them demanding more than they are entitled to.

Then there is the issue of the added interest. They did not acknowledge the unenforceabilty at all, even though I provided the evidence. This interest has made a lot of different to the amount they are now demanding.

I hope you can understand my answers. It is quite complicated.

Thank you for your help. Please ask any more questions you may have.

Regards

Linda.

Thank you for your reply. I will answer your questions as best I can.

Lloyds agreed that the PPI was missold on the 16th August, 2007 and refunded September 2007 .They actually refunded the PPI from three loans, two of which were fully paid leaving this loan still active. This is the statement put in their letter:

'To help me fully investigate your concerns I requested a statement from the sellers at ..........branch who sold the loan protection. Unfortunately the staff members no longer work there and therefore I am unable to establish what was discussed at the sale.

I would therefore like to offer you full refund of premiums plus interest on all three loans." repayment was personal cheque to you and not to pay off any balance remaining on the loan?

They sent a copy of the agreement in August, 2008.

In the latest letter I received in response to my complaint to their CEO in February 2009 they agreed that they had refunded the premiums but they expected me to pay it back into the loan.!! They did not mention this when they refunded. IMO they cannot do this once you have been refunded. I would ask others for their opinion on this.

Lloyd's had declined every application for PPI I sent them for my monthly loan instalments in January, 2007 and March 2007 when on sick leave. So they failed to honour the agreement and cover the PPI payments. The policy was obviously worthless like so many others sold.

I insisted that the PPI portion of the loan be refunded in cash. Which you received.

The credit agreement became unenforceable 42 days after the 29th May, 2007 as a copy of the credit agreement had not been provided regardless of three requests to Lloyds. Did you request the agreement using cca request s77 to s79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 including the £1.00 statutory fee?

They sent a copy of the agreement in August, 2008 when I received demands for the repayment of the loan.

All I am asking is that they acknowledge that the loan is now for loan without the PPI. My understanding is that the PPI refunded has been repaid to me in cash and therefore should be taken from the total of my repayments thereby leaving a balance which should be taken from the loan without the PPI. If you received the full refund of the PPI then there should have been a revised repayment figure on your loan and this should have excluded any PPI. ie PPI cancelled as refund repaid after they agreed it was mis-sold.

My formula?

example: Loan with PPI 3000pounds = PPI 1000pounds refunded. Loan now 2000pounds

Payments made 2000pounds, minus 1000pounds (refunded PPI), balance left 1000pounds. Do not follow this formula perhaps another on cag can advise better than I could.

I just required them to acknowledge the changes to the loan agreement and send me a correct and upto date balance as I am not sure if I have calaculated it properly now as I don't want them demanding more than they are entitled to. To get the information you can send a Subject Access Request with a fee of £10.00 asking for all the information they hold. You should get a true copy of the agreement with terms and conditions and statements showing the balance as it currently stands, plus copies of letters etc.

Then there is the issue of the added interest. They did not acknowledge the unenforceabilty at all, even though I provided the evidence. This interest has made a lot of different to the amount they are now demanding. You may get further advice if you call the FOS. They are slow dealing with complaints but they could point you in the right direction before you take further action.

I hope you can understand my answers. It is quite complicated.

Thank you for your help. Please ask any more questions you may have.

Regards

Have done in blue above if you sent three requests for the agreement they would IMO not be required to supply a copy unless the £1.00 fee was sent as is required in the Consumer Credit Act 1974 s77 to s79

Hope this helps:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi thomass,

I have thought about this in some detail.

The amount you pay off of your loan each month takes into account the amount of interest that both the Cash and LPI parts will accrue over the life of the loan. Therefore, the amount you pay each month is not the exact amount that comes off of the balance of your loan; it is less.

The amount you were refunded should have included either

(a) just the payments made so far on the LPI, or

(b) the payments made so far on the LPI and the remaining balance of the LPI.

The payments you have made so far always includes some of the interest.

For example, for a cash loan of £3000 with £1000 LPI (total £4000) over a period of 3 years (36 months) with an APR of 10%:

The monthly repayments are £129.07 (which is £96.80 for the cash part and £32.27 for the LPI). Say you were refunded the LPI after 18 months (half the loan term). You would have already payed £580.86 off of the LPI, which includes £118.14 interest. The remaining balance of the LPI loan would be £537.28. So, the total refundable is either

(a) £580.86, or

(b) £1118.14.

Can you determine from your figures which amount you were refunded?

If you were refunded (a) then they would have to adjust the remaining balance of your total loan from £2149.10 to £1611.83, which is the remaining balance of the cash part. They could then either,

(i) continue collecting the original monthly repayment figure (£129.07), or

(ii) collect only the Cash Loan repayment figure (£96.80).

If you continue with (i) then you will pay the loan off quicker than 36 months. If you swap to (ii) then it will take exactly 36 months as before.

However, if you were refunded (b) then they do not have to adjust the remaining balance of your total loan because you have been refunded the LPI in total, including interest. If they adjusted your remaining balance as well then they would be refunding you almost twice. It is then up to your what you do with the money.

The remaining balance of the loan does not equal the amount that is left to pay. After 18 months you would have made £2323.26 in loan repayments. However, the remaining balance is not the original loan amount (£4000) minus this (which would be £1676.74), but it is actually more: £2149.10 (as mentioned above). The difference is £472.36, which is the accumulated interest after 18 months.

This is close to how it works, but not quite. Here I assume that the interest is compounded monthly, but in reality it is compounded daily. It also does not include repayment holidays, missed repayments or the fact that the time from buying the loan to the first repayment date varies from person to person. This does not make huge difference in the figures though.

As for me, the problem I have been having with Lloyds is that they refuse to make such a refund, in full or in part. I am very interested in maths and hence I have wanted to understand exactly how loan-repayments work.

If you provide the exact figures then perhaps I/we can determine what you have been refunded exactly.

Resonate.